How to build a John Deere Combine.

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
To anyone that might be interested, on Speed Channel tonight at 8 Oclock (Central time) it showns construction of a combine from start to finish.

I also know the custom cutter they interview in the show, Kent Wright from Sidney Nebraska. I sold his 10 combines for him after fall Harvest.:cool:

JOHN DEERE
Covering more than 300,000 square metres, the John Deere factory houses more than 2000 employees, 49 robotic welders, eight laser cutters and 14 kilometres of overhead track, all of which help stamp, press, cut and weld 60,000 tons of steel into the John Deere STS Combine - a harvesting mega-machine.

Speed channel? I watched that same thing on History channel recently. I also believe it was playing on Discovery channel not so long ago.
As an ex. WI dairy farmer I found it a very interesting program though.

Cool show, watched it the firetruck bild, and the Z06 builds. yesterday was a slack day.
Why did Wright sell 10 combines? Did he get new ones, or go belly up?

Well Holy Crap, what does a combine cost these days anyay?! I never heard on the show.

Round figures:

list approx- $300,000 depending on size/options

Cash out- with his multi unit disc- $225,000

Plus frt/set-up headers etc.

Those aren't exact but you get the idea.:biggrin:

I hate I missed the show. I saw it on the listing but never clicked on it to see what the episode was about. Then I saw your post. Maybe I can catch it again. I always like watching that sort of stuff.

I need to send a good friend to see you. He's about fed up with his 2 9610's....they've turned into some bearing eating mo fo's.....like most combines:biggrin:

Missed it but I have driven one back in the 70's! All my relatives in North Dakota are wheat farmers.:smile: The machines have come a long way since then.

It is worth the watch! Pretty Impressive no matter what brand you like....

PM me their number Dusty, I have a LOT of good dealer friends in the South and could probably save them several thousand smacks:eek: :biggrin:

My 3 year old only likes the green and yellow ones. I'll have to put up a video of him riding his JD tractor on our couch, making it jump while watching lowrider videos on youtube. Funny stuff.

My 3 year old only likes the green and yellow ones. I'll have to put up a video of him riding his JD tractor on our couch, making it jump while watching lowrider videos on youtube. Funny stuff.

HAHAHAHA That sounds funny:cool:

PM me their number Dusty, I have a LOT of good dealer friends in the South and could probably save them several thousand smacks:eek: :biggrin:

I'll ask him what his plans are. If he plans to buy anything I'll be sure to get with you.

Time for a couple new 70 series STS's

Hard to believe how fast they get old...:cool:

No doubt. We've looked into buying a few at the Sikeston auctions but most are wore out.

My family sold out about 10 years ago once land started drying up in this area. I still have relatives who stuck with it and obtained all the land from others who quit. They just sold their 1680 Case and this new one will be here in a month or so. It's a 6088 Axial Flow

Attachments

• combine.jpg
    combine.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 227
Just for JohnDeereGN:biggrin:

The new combine arrived a few weeks ago. They changed the order to the 8120 which at the time was the largest combine offered by CaseIH. After they ordered the 8120, Case came out with the 9120:mad:

Here it is in the field last week. I took my 6 year old son for a ride.

Attachments

• 8120IH.jpg
    8120IH.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 159
Johndeeregn, if you ever make it over to the Quad Cities for work, make sure you look me up. Ashley is management at Deere in Moline. Her dad, mom, step mom, 2 aunts, and uncle all work there as well. You could say we are a Green and Yellow family!

Just for JohnDeereGN:biggrin:

The new combine arrived a few weeks ago. They changed the order to the 8120 which at the time was the largest combine offered by CaseIH. After they ordered the 8120, Case came out with the 9120:mad:

Here it is in the field last week. I took my 6 year old son for a ride.

Look at those fuggin weeds, Those red beotches sure throw out a lot of chit:biggrin: Just Kidding, nice looking machine:cool: