Walbro pumps are cursed!

rob350

I was just about to install my free replacement f-169 pump until...

pic.jpg

I dropped it.. poop.. :eek: Thank goodness I didn't have the tank out of the car yet!

wonder if that could be carefully tapped out to install a brass fitting of some sort, or if there is any type of epoxy that will hold up.

I got your message about buying a pump. Well how about we do this instead. Since you were a man and admitted your error and not a scumbag thief who tried to steal money from a vendor by claiming "shipping damage" on something that was clearly your fault driving prices up and people out of business. How about you call Marianne and she will ship you a replacement free of charge and I will eat the cost. Thanks for being honest and doing the right thing.
Mike Licht

I got your message about buying a pump. Well how about we do this instead. Since you were a man and admitted your error and not a scumbag thief who tried to steal money from a vendor by claiming "shipping damage" on something that was clearly your fault driving prices up and people out of business. How about you call Marianne and she will ship you a replacement free of charge and I will eat the cost. Thanks for being honest and doing the right thing.
Mike Licht

Nice gesture. If sarcasm isn't allowed here. I will refrain. I thought it was obvious that my suggestion was meant tongue-in-cheek. After all, once the original post was made, any fraudulent activity suggested by a "scumbag" would have been impossible.

Again, very nice gesture. As a business owner myself, a little PR can go a long way. ;)

You would be AMAZED at the number of people that do that sort of thing everyday. Then tell us "are you calling me a liar" quickly followed by "I should not have to pay" and then a "I am going to trash you on the boards" I only admire a guy who is honest, it is nice to see once in a while for a guy to say, hey Mike, I screwed up I need to buy another one. I felt it needed recognition simple as that.
Mike

Since the subject has come up...Would it be possible to tap that and thread in a brass nipple?? I ask because coincidentally when I bought my car it came with a pump broke in the same spot.

Nice gesture. If sarcasm isn't allowed here. I will refrain. I thought it was obvious that my suggestion was meant tongue-in-cheek. After all, once the original post was made, any fraudulent activity suggested by a "scumbag" would have been impossible.

Again, very nice gesture. As a business owner myself, a little PR can go a long way. ;)

I knew you were kidding i was just bustin chops back no hard feelings

Since the subject has come up...Would it be possible to tap that and thread in a brass nipple?? I ask because coincidentally when I bought my car it came with a pump broke in the same spot.
The plastic is not that thick thee so if you could fine a nipple with fine threads and seal it with some superglue I bet it would work, never tried it however

Honesty is the key.

Most people jump at the chance to get something for nothing. You did the right thing being honest.

You would be AMAZED at the number of people that do that sort of thing everyday.
I know how you feel Mike. On the flip side, I have learned from you and always try to do my best to retain the customer.

My business (Automatic/self serv car wsah) has made me look at people allot differently.

Small world. I did the exact same thing 4 years ago with the same pump. I just ran my head into the closest wall I could find and moved on.:redface: I still have that new pump in my tool box as a reminder of what a flake I was. :rolleyes:

This is why I will always do business with Mike and his wife marianne, they are honest people and stay true to their customers 100% this is why I always recommend thier business to other Buick brothers who are not aware of thier existence, Unlike other vendors Mike always tries to please the customer and do the right thing..