Walbro fuel pump died.. again..

rob350

Well, this is my 3rd Walbro pump since 2007 that has failed on me. This last one was the free replacement pump that was supposed to have all the bugs fixed out.

Well, I don't really want to stick another Walbro in my tank and i'm kinda lost on what I should put back in there. I have used the search engine and still can't decide what to use. I was leaning towards the Deatschwerks pump, but I read people having problems with the stock fuel lines and people not having problems.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob

Goin on 2 years here with a deatschwerks and stock fuel lines here... straight E85.

One of my cars has double pumpers, and that one had fuel line issues (too much restriction, poor pressure control). But the car with the single Deatschwerks and stock fuel lines has beautiful fuel pressure.

you are not alone on the Which fuel pump to buy
right now i also need a fuel pump and i have it narrowed down to 3 pumps
1- Reds Xp pump--which is a modified Walbro
2-Racetronix -GSS-340M-- Which is another modified Walbro
3-Bosch 044 and using it in the tank.
good luck which ever way you go.

you are not alone on the Which fuel pump to buy
right now i also need a fuel pump and i have it narrowed down to 3 pumps
1- Reds Xp pump--which is a modified Walbro
2-Racetronix -GSS-340M-- Which is another modified Walbro
3-Bosch 044 and using it in the tank.
good luck which ever way you go.

Actually we are using a GSS294M in our TR kits now...

there i go again -- over researching things again to the point where they no longer exist:mad:
How does your 294 compare to your old 340?

Same performance as GSS340M. Slightly different packaging.
We do adjust the bypass valve on these pumps b/c we know customers will be using them at higher than normal fuel pressure.

Had 2 walbro pumps in the past 1 1/2 years and got a Reds XP from Hartline Perf. and am very satisfied with the results. I run solid mid 10's.....

what i don't get is the big importance of the warranty.
Yeahh my Fuel pump went bad and the engine blew up BUT look at the bright side --they are sending me a new pump because its still under warranty. o_O

i Have seen lots of threads on this but never read any of them....

For you that have had Walbro pump failure what is happening...pump still runs but loss of pressure or completely stops running?

I have had my fuel pumps for probably close to 10 years now with no issues.....it is a twin 340 setup I bought from Red years back....knock on wood she still pumping!

When you pay $20 to make a pump in China and sell it for $170 it is easy to offer a liberal warranty program...

Or $ell Walbros over and over to customers because they keep blowing up ;)

Many failures of Walbros and haven't heard of any taking out a motor, its actually good to research before posting.

Funny how we did not have problems with the GSS340M that people did with the F20000169. Ten years from now we will still be hearing about all this rehashed crap.
We used GSS340M pumps in our old kits with very few problems. We now use the GSS294M in our single and dual in-tank systems and have not had one reported failure yet. We are sure there will be some customers who manage to puke a pump but then they are still half the price of the hyped-up China pumps.

Well I think the first post sums it up, actually I bought the last Walbro from you guys at Ractronix. Working fine, but slamming anothers product just makes many look elsewhere for vendors.

i Have seen lots of threads on this but never read any of them....

For you that have had Walbro pump failure what is happening...pump still runs but loss of pressure or completely stops running?

I have had my fuel pumps for probably close to 10 years now with no issues.....it is a twin 340 setup I bought from Red years back....knock on wood she still pumping!

My first and the one that just failed on me would start dropping pressure as the pump warmed up. The car would eventually die. After you let the car sit, it would fire back up with pressure. The one in between there wouldn't keep the correct pressure under boost.

slamming anothers product just makes many look elsewhere for vendors.
I must agree!! ..and what good is it to buy a product made in the USA when it has the tendency to brake down?? I would much rather buy one once knowing it will work and last regardless of where its made than 2keep buying and replacing just cause its made in the US. I always try to keep an open mind n find feedback on stuff.

My Fuel pump is on its way out as well. Was thinking about going with the kit Full Throttle carries or spend the extra coin andgo with one of the aeromotive stealth pumps. Anyone hear anything about/run either of those?