Walbro 340 vs TT340 (Aeromotive 340)

im not going to take this thread off topic.
You already did.
He goes with one setup, he recommends a Reds Double pumper from stock to 8's rides. its his proven system that he believes works for everyone
The Radius Kid asked me to explain how I chose a pump. You quoted his question and responded with this accusation. Are you sure you don't want to take this thread off topic. Why did you?.

im not going to waste my time with you Mr. Red Armstrong double pumper.

your quote that i posted earlier shows you recommend a reds double pumper from stock to wild. period done.

i also got a lauh out of your 2 reasons for running a reds pump. one due to fuel heating LMFAO.. your post are great

your quote that i posted earlier shows you recommend a reds double pumper from stock to wild. period done.
The quote of mine is in response to the first time you accused me of recommending a double pumper to some one for a stock car.
My response to your accusation was that it is true that a double 255 lph setup will work on a stock car,but you were asked to show a quote from me where I recommended to someone a doublepumper for a stock car.
If you're going to show a quote from yourself accusing me of recommending a doublepumper to someone for a stock application,my recommendation would have had to of taken place before you quoted me.Where is it?

i will be waiting for the dw pump test. till then im out

I haven't heard from Nick yet. In the interest of a direct comparison between the two pumps I have already tested, I'd go through the motions of dropping my tank again and swapping the DW pump in and testing at some different pressures. I will also try and figure out how I can tap the wire (without compromising the insulation somehow) feeding the pump to see exactly what voltage we have. I can easly catch the voltage on the battery side of the hotwire relay I am using which is only about 3' from the pump..... but if I want to catch the voltage on the pump side of the relay.... it will be more tricky unless I can make some sort of pigtail I can install on the factory weatherpack connector from a junkyard connector..... that is the only way to do it on the pump side without compromising the insultion on the wire....

maybe just probe into the connector next to the wire just enough to get a signal. thats how i test it

also im sure nick will see this post. pm me your addy and i will forward it to him

I really want to keep this on topic.... it seems to have taken a life of its own.

One quick note about the double pumper.....I'm not a fan.

You just increased your chance of a pump related issue over double...... (the reason I say it is over double is.... you have all the 2nd pump wiring that could give an issue... + the hobbs switch and its wiring + the 2nd pump) ....and if it is pump # 2 that fails...... and you are watching the road and not the fuel pressure gauge........you will lean it out and probably hurt the motor.

At least with one big single pump in the tank if it quits... the car goes dead the instant you have an issue.....no matter if you are at WOT or not......... On the DP.... you won't likely know the issue is there until you expect it to activate when the gas is matted to the floor and boost is going ballistic.

On my current setup.... I've only just started cutting the boost up.... but at 18 psi..... you can nail mine in drive.... at 75 mph... and it starts spinning the street tires and fishtailing....... 245/50/16 BFG Comp TA KDWS tires... I just put on my 28x11.5x16 ET streets so I could make a few WOT hits trying to get a handle on the new settings for my new boost controller. I'm watching the road and trying to keep it between the ditches. I seriously doubt if I ever had a fuel pressure issue at WOT and I had a 2-5/8 hood mounted FP gauge.... that I would ever see it.

I will be logging FP within the next week though... I hope.....

One quick note about the double pumper.....I'm not a fan.

if it is pump # 2 that fails...... and you are watching the road and not the fuel pressure gauge........you will lean it out and probably hurt the motor.
How many people do you know of that this has happened too?

How many people do you know of that this has happened too?

It happened to us on my buddies turbo LC2 IROC. 2nd pump was putting out squat.... it was coming on.... sort of.....

A flow test showed us how much fuel we were flowing and it flowed nearly the same with one pump or both pumps. We had several head gasket issues about that time.... I can't exactly say how many could be blamed (at least partially) on the double pumper not working.

He had a hood mounted FP gauge too.

We ran a best of 9.44 with that setup....working correctly.

It happened to us on my buddies turbo LC2 IROC. 2nd pump was putting out squat.... it was coming on.... sort of.....

A flow test showed us how much fuel we were flowing and it flowed nearly the same with one pump or both pumps. We had several head gasket issues about that time.... I can't exactly say how many could be blamed (at least partially) on the double pumper not working.

He had a hood mounted FP gauge too.

We ran a best of 9.44 with that setup....working correctly.
How many trips down the strip would you estimate he made while the fuel delivery was problematic?

How many trips down the strip would you estimate he made while the fuel delivery was problematic?

I have no idea.

That was several years ago.....

We have gone to a much bigger (and loud) Weldon 2015 now in a sumped tank with big fuel and return lines.

I have no idea.That was several years ago.....
You do remember more than a couple of head gasket failures though. Do you suspect that the pump was going away during this time period and finally gave up the ghost completely one day?

You do remember more than a couple of head gasket failures though. Do you suspect that the pump was going away during this time period and finally gave up the ghost completely one day?

This has gotten way off topic.

This is the last I'm going to comment on our particular double pumper issue as this has no real relevance to the testing I did.

I don't know how many of the issues we had could have been attributed to that half assed walbro 340 pump.

We have learned alot over the years and have found some things that work... and some that don't. We still hurt something from time-to-time, but it is much less frequent. I don't think you can make close to 1000 fwhp with these motors and not have issues with them. They were never intended to live at those power levels.

This has gotten way off topic.
We're just having a conversation about different fuel pumps. You're testing different fuel pumps. I don't see this as being way off topic.
This is the last I'm going to comment on our particular double pumper issue as this has no real relevance to the testing I did.
You commented on the dangers of running two pumps so I'd like to know how many people have experienced this scenario. I'd like to know how probable it is that this scenario could happen. If I can find someone who has had this experience,I would like to know the circumstances. If we can discuss this,we and others might gain some insight and information. An honest conversation. How can that be bad?

You mentioned gasket issues. I take this to mean there was a significant period of time that the car wasn't quite up to snuff. Looking back on it,do you think the pump was getting worse over a period of time?

We're just having a conversation about different fuel pumps. You're testing different fuel pumps. I don't see this as being way off topic.
You commented on the dangers of running two pumps so I'd like to know how many people have experienced this scenario. I'd like to know how probable it is that this scenario could happen. If I can find someone who has had this experience,I would like to know the circumstances. If we can discuss this,we and others might gain some insight and information. An honest conversation. How can that be bad?

You mentioned gasket issues. I take this to mean there was a significant period of time that the car wasn't quite up to snuff. Looking back on it,do you think the pump was getting worse over a period of time?

why dont you start your own thread with a poll in it and discuss it there. i have seen a double pumper setup fail to turn on the second pump and you have seen othes post they have too.

We had several head gasket issues about that time.... I can't exactly say how many could be blamed (at least partially) on the double pumper not working.
This is why I'm thinking the pump was going out over a lengthy period of time.
He must have made several runs during this time period.
Whether or not it was at the track,the car must have felt like it was less than stellar.
If it was at the track,the mph would have had to have been off which should have led to concern.
If the runs were at the track and the numbers weren't off,the fuel delivery couldn't be the cause of the head gasket failures.
If the fuel delivery wasn't up to snuff,you and I would notice it in our own cars just by the feel of how our cars were running.I don't think either of us would need to see a time slip to determine this. I don't think he would either.

I'm thinking the first thing to do is look at that fuel pressure gauge. Do you remember him commenting on the fuel pressure?

My experience with fuel pumps is that they give us symptoms for a while before they go out completely.
It never seems to be a situation where one day the pump is performing at or near the level it did when it was new and the next day it completely fails. That's why that gauge is so important. When we feel the performance fall off,it's the first thing to look at. Even my 169 Walbro gave me several reasons to look at the gauge and I didn't for way too long. My point is that even it didn't fail all at once out of the blue. I was lucky enough to have it fail when I tried to start it one morning to no avail. It made no pressure. Like I said, the motor wasn't performing good for a while. I had that gauge staring me in the face and time after time I didn't look at it. I guess your supposed to from time to time.

The theory is that the second pump doesn't come on and the motor shoots through the hood.
I don't see this as an incidence that lives up to the theory. We have to take some responsibility for our cars. I think operator error is the cause of problems more often than any of us want to admit.

You say your friend blew several head gaskets and not necessarily all of them were fuel related.I've blown several and none of them were. The time that I was running the car with unchecked fuel issues I never blew a head gasket. Go figure.Also,I've never hurt anything in the motor,just the gaskets. I'm guessing your friend didn't either.

Lastly is that when that second pump fails to come on,the car takes a big nose dive. I think the determining factor is,how long do we keep our foot in it?