Walbro 340 vs TT340 (Aeromotive 340)

You seem to be a knowledgeable guy.
I am curious:

How do you choose a fuel pump that you that you feel is a good candidate for your needs?

He goes with one setup, he recommends a Reds Double pumper from stock to 8's rides. its his proven system that he believes works for everyone

You seem to be a knowledgeable guy.
I am curious:

How do you choose a fuel pump that you that you feel is a good candidate for your needs?
Years ago,I purchased a Walbro when my car was mildly modified. The reason I bought this pump is because many others were doing much more with it than I was,so I was confident that it would supply enough fuel for my needs. As long as I've owned my car,I've had a hood mounted fuel pressure gauge so I always have had data to show that my motor was getting the fuel that it needed.. Monitoring fuel pressure is the only way to determine if your fuel supply is adequate. When I felt that I was getting close to the limits of the one pump (base on information from Red Armstrong),I added a second pump that I turn on at 7 lbs of boost with a hobbs switch. There are two reasons why I run two pumps instead of one big one.The first reason is so I can feed a thirsty motor all the fuel it needs without overcoming the stock return line resulting in high idle pressure. The second reason is because I didn't want to unnecessarily heat up the fuel which is what happens when you send a lot of fuel up to a hot motor and send it back to the tank. I'm now making over 700 hp on E85. I'm moving the equivalent amount of fuel as a motor making more than 900 hp on gasoline. I have no idea how long it takes for either of my pumps to put a gallon of fuel into a bucket. I do know that at 28 lbs of boost my fuel pressure is a rock steady 73LBS. This is the only number I need to see concerning my fuel system so I have all the data and the only data that is necessary. If I get to a point where I need more flow,I will replace my second Walbro with one of these new 300 lph pumps and will still be able to use my stock unaltered fuel return line.

He goes with one setup, he recommends a Reds Double pumper from stock to 8's rides. its his proven system that he believes works for everyone
I didn't use this set-up until I though my first pump was being run close to the end of its capability.I wouldn't recommend nor have I ever recommended the doublepumper for a stock to 450 hp set-up. However,yes it will work flawlessly on a stock all the way up to a high 8 second Buick on gasoline with unaltered fuel lines.

Please supply the quote from me where I advised a Doublepumper for a stock to 450 hp Buick on gasoline.
I triple dog dare you.

You're such an easy target. This is good entertainment. Thank you. Ha!
I'm sure you can supply us with a quote from me that is incorrect and can also enlighten us with the truth. I,m sure we would all benefit.

I didn't use this set-up until I though my first pump was being run close to the end of its capability.I wouldn't recommend nor have I ever recommended the doublepumper for a stock to 450 hp set-up. However,yes it will work flawlessly on a stock all the way up to a high 8 second Buick on gasoline with unaltered fuel lines.

Please supply the quote from me where I advised a Doublepumper for a stock to 450 hp Buick on gasoline.
I triple dog dare you.

Well since you asked,

my quote

z

plug for a reds double pumper. who would have guessed...

stock car, reds double pumper

9 sec car, reds double pumper

reds double pumper for the win no matter what you have.

your reply,

You would think that since a twin 255lph pump will work on a stock car all the way up to an 8 secound car without any modifications,people would be all over it.

sure sounds like a recommendation to me.

I didn't ask for a quote from you I asked for a quote from me.
In your quote you accuse me of recommending a doublepumper for a stock car.
Today is the second time you accused me of saying this.
Now prove to these people that I ever recommended that a person buy a doublepumper for a stock set-up.
Clue-Show the OP's question that started that thread.
I triple dog dare you. Rutt roh. Let's see how funny this gets.

i didnt accuse you of anything. you always talk about the reds double pumper. I posted about it and you agreed.

i don't need to post what thread that came from. the point was you agreed that a reds double pumper is good for a stock car to a 8 sec car and you think people should be all over it. i quoted you above

carry on, im not going to take this thread off topic with you again.

Sorry to the OP...

i didnt accuse you of anything.
Wrong,you accused me of recommending a doublepumper to the OP of that thread who had a pretty stock car. You found that quote of yours in that thread very fast. We all now know that you know how to find that thread. The problem is that you went back and re-read the OP's question and my answer. That's why you don't want to post it. You accused me of recomending a doublepumper for a stock car today which was a reference to that thread. It was the second time you did this. Supply Quotes!

you qouted my post in your reply.
your reply was in reagards to my post.

You kill me. The request was that you show a quote from me where I recommend a Doublepumper. Not a quote from you. The quote from you is accusing me of that recommendation. You accused me of the same thing today and it was in reference to this thread. If you are accusing me of recommending a doublepumper for a stock car I must have done this some time before you accused me,not after.

I am now concerned that I may run out of pump before I run out of injector.
My question is... does anybody know what I could add to the electrical circuit, before or after the box, to bring down the base voltage so that the pump sees less under normal conditions but still gets the jump when needed?

This is the question that MNwe4 asked in post 57 of the same thread. He was concerned because of the issues that this big pump caused and all the effort that he was going through to fix the problems.He wanted some help to fix the issues that he was having and was concerned that after all of this trouble he would soon be out of pump.

You could have avoided all of this if you would have bought a doublepumper from Red Armstrong.
You're the latest in a long list of victims that this advise has burdened.

I quoted him in post 58 and replied with a detailed description of what I thought he could do to fix some of the problems he was having and suggested that this could have been avoided if he would have bought a doublepumper,including running out of pump.

z

plug for a reds double pumper. who would have guessed...

stock car, reds double pumper

9 sec car, reds double pumper

reds double pumper for the win no matter what you have.

In post 60 you quoted my post 58 with the advice I had given him and responded with this. What was it,about his concern for approaching the limits of his 300 lph pump,that led you to believe his car was stock. This ,obviously isn't a quote of me reccomending a doublepumper for a stock car but you're accusing me of doing it.

Please try again.

Tomato, tamato . . . . potato, patato . . . . . :p

Good discussions . . . Everyone makes valid points.
IMO . . . .The test from the OP is a test to nail down the fuel supply system design criteria for a given performance goal. Everyone here will (should :) ) still monitor fuel pressure. The stated tests are valid, AND, most will in fact monitor WOT FP to confirm adequate supply during WOT.

In my mind . . . .That is the main difference in the discussions. Two valid but separate stages of fuel supply concerns.