Walbro 340 Fuel Pump

Aloha Gang,

I'm looking to purchase a Walbro 340 fuel pump and was wonderin' which vendor of preference do you folks have. Also what is a good price range to pay for one. tia -stew

i just ordered a pump from them the other day, since mine decided to quit on me. i hope to get it in on monday so i can get my car up and running again (im addicted to boost:D . so when i get it installed i will let u know. btw jackson, do you know what injectors your friend joseph decided to put into my car?? i was guessing green tops but im not sure just wondering if you woudl know thanks.

Hey Stew! Welcome to the board!

Just a reminder. The Walbro 340 should work fine for your intended application. However, be aware that the Racetronix fuel pump kit includes a "hot wire" kit that may need to be modified to work with your BB Chevy. The TRs have the alternator on the driver's side, whereas most Chevys have the alt. on the pass. side.

If you only need the pump, you may want to find someone on this board that only needs the hot wire kit and split the difference. The pump and wire kit is $149.99. The wire kit alone is $54.99. That makes the pump $95 even. Shipping is another $12.

You may also want to check out www.cottonsperformance.com or www.ramchargers.com to see what their prices are. Hope that helps ya!

Aloha,

Racetronix is able to make harnesses for custom applications so you are not boxed in to buying only what you see on the web.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

Tyler.......

If it has a green stripe its most likely a 30lb injector. More than enough for you until you planning in going in the mid 12's.

Thanx for all the replies...

<TomMahi>However, be aware that the Racetronix fuel pump kit includes a "hot wire" kit that may need to be modified to work with your BB Chevy. The TRs have the alternator on the driver's side, whereas most Chevys have the alt. on the pass. side. </TomMahi>

Well, fortunately for me the BBC serp places the accessories on the "correct" side of the engine. I'll prolly get the Racetronix if I can't find anything else. Tom...is that shipping quote delivered here to Hawaii or am I going to pay some ridiculous UPS feight??? -stew

If you wanted to save some money you can easily hot wire it your self with 10g wire and a relay, probally around $10.

If you price all of the wire, fuse holder, relay socket, relay, connectors, etc. AND fuel pump separately, you'll be hard pressed to beat the kit offered by Racetronix. Remember, the net price of the pump is $95. Other vendors are selling it closer to $130 by itself. Most other vendors only ship UPS, which kills us here in Hawaii.

FTC...since you just ordered one, how much was the shipping?

Aloha,

Originally posted by Tom Mahi

FTC...since you just ordered one, how much was the shipping?

Aloha, [/B]

I*think*I post haste on this...according to the website, the $12 shipping fee is Xpress post service which I assume is USPS, no? <As I write this> FTC your light is on... -stew

the shipping was not the advertised $12 to hawaii its more like $40 but that is 2 day air. the total came out to $188, i hope its gonna get here monday though.

Originally posted by FTC
the shipping was not the advertised $12 to hawaii its more like $40 but that is 2 day air. the total came out to $188, i hope its gonna get here monday though.

Did you have to request the 2 day air service? Is the $12 shipping not an option for Hawaii residents?

Stew, you may want to check with Jack at Racetronix to be sure.

Aloha,

Shipping via Xpress Post is $12.00 to Hawaii, continental USA and Canada. Priority mail is more.

Originally posted by Racetronix
Shipping via Xpress Post is $12.00 to Hawaii, continental USA and Canada. Priority mail is more.

Jack (or FTC), From where is the part going to be shipped? Somewhere from the US or Canada? I'm not familiar with "Xpress Post", is this the equivalence of parcel post? Parcel post arrives on a boat and takes 3 to 6 weeks. Actually I am able to wait that long but per comments made on my order through "PayPal," just ship it that way to the address provided. thanx...-stew

Xpress Post is Canada Post's equivalent to USPS's Global Priority EMS Mail. Average delivery time is 3-5 business days depending on your state and how close you are to a distribution / sorting facility.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

mine got here real fast, like 1 or 2 days. got the pump installed, im doing the hotwire tomorrow but just by looking at it its very complete and looks to be a very easy install. thanks a bunch racetronix u guys have great products!!!