Vote on the Homepage

Should Chris Chow's car be on the front page

• Yes, it is a killer car

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • No, it has a V8 instead of a Turbo 6

Votes: 87 46.8%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • It should be replaced with a Turbo Trans Am :)

Votes: 25 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 87regal
Chris is a great guy, its a fast car, its a BUICK, let it stay and quit bit*hing, :D

Let's compare:

Chow's - Buick body, twin turbo small block Chevy engine, very fast car, highly modified.

TTA - Pontiac body, turbo Buick engine (LC2), fast, original and rare.

Which is more representative of the title of this board?: "6 TurboBuick.com"

As I've stated before maybe someone can design a power "8". Does the 6 logo mean anything if anything goes under the hood? Hell, dump it all and rename this board to "Turbocharged Engines in Buick Bodies & TTAs"

How about a turbocharged 5.0 Ford motor in a Buick Park Avenue? Heck, I've seen LC2s in many different types of cars such as Henry J's, Syclones, Camaros, T-Buckets. Let's put'em all up on the front page as bad a55 Turbo Buicks.

We're blurring the lines and people seem to think as long as something has "Buick" on it then it's front page news here. I beg to differ.

Originally posted by TT/A1233

Which is more representative of the title of this board?: "6 TurboBuick.com"
That's just it Dean, its not called that. It is called turbobuick.com There is no 6 in the title. That 6 is an image just like the GNX is in that image. No where in the title of the web address does it say "6".

Ok, I'll give you that. There is no "6" in the title of this board but the 6 and Turbo Buick go hand in hand. That would indicate a turbocharged 5.0 Ford motor in a Buick Park Avenue could be up there right next to Chows....no?

More than likely, no. This is a Regal site for the most part. The blown guys have there spot on the forum and they aren't turboed. The TTA's have a spot and they are a Pontiac. Even the Sy/Ty guys have a spot and they are aren't connected to Buick at all.

You guys are forgetting that it says outstanding members. Chris has been a part of the turbo Buick communty obviously since 87 when he bought the Regal new. Regardless of the fact that he's changed engines, its still a turbo Buick Regal.

We are not forgetting anything, hence all these posts. ;)

Put one of his REAL TurboBuicks up on the front page and everything would be just fine.

Assuming it's for members of the Buick community and not just strictly TurboBuick.com community.

Originally posted by 1of1547
What happened to the sticky? Are you hoping this is will just go away?:confused:

No were not "hoping this is will just go away?:confused:" ..This thread was stuck at the top of the page for a week to give members a opportunity view.

Now its time to move on. (if you like you can alway ttt if you want to continue going over the thread with others)

Jesse
:cool:

Originally posted by Jesse
No were not "hoping this is will just go away?:confused:" ..This thread was stuck at the top of the page for a week to give members a opportunity view.

Now its time to move on. (if you like you can alway ttt if you want to continue going over the thread with others)

Jesse
:cool:

So, it is safe to say at this point that the answer from the majority is NO. Not even a close race.

I say we need to count the votes!;)

It's been a week since the last reply. And it looks like no was the most common anwser. Nick asked for a vote and the vote is in. But the bigger question is his car going to be removed?:confused:

Originally posted by 1of1547
It's been a week since the last reply. And it looks like no was the most common anwser. Nick asked for a vote and the vote is in. But the bigger question is his car going to be removed?:confused:
The most common answer is a no vote. Only 165 votes??? I guess if you were to look at it, nobody cares. Obviously if it was that important, more people would have voted. So its a non issue with the majority since they don't even care to vote.

OK, here is a solution that I use, change your bookmark to go directly to the forums and you won't ever see the homepage and won't even see what cars are on it.

Originally posted by TTA 1387
The most common answer is a no vote. Only 165 votes??? I guess if you were to look at it, nobody cares. Obviously if it was that important, more people would have voted. So its a non issue with the majority since they don't even care to vote.

I think thats alot of votes, if you made it mandatory it would have more people, but its in the turbo lounge in which most people just visit to BS a little bit. You like to help chow anyway you can. First you say we need more votes to make it fair, and we got many more votes and now it is in fact leaning heavily towards the NO CHOW croud. Now you still wanna say its not an issue. I bet you if you put it in the technical discussions, that many would vote, in fact, you would find even more NO CHOW voters, because all the people in the technical discussions are REAL, DIEHARD, Turbo V6 Buick Fans!!!. Ask them otherwise? You'll be proven even more wrong. THe fact is, that as the more votes come in, the more you can see that Chows car does not belong. Will it be removed? No, because bruce (although a great tech helper) is stingy, and its the old child saying "its my house so my rules". But even though it stays, at least Bruce now knows that the majority hates it, and he will be looked down on if he dare put another V8 powered vehicle up there. I'll cut him slack, because it was a test to put the car up there, and he did have some pessimism but he was very optimistic about it. The MEMBERS of the board however, think otherwise. MEMBERS make up the board. Why? Well lets see, take away the members and you have no potential clients. Clients for what you ask? For the PAYING vendors on this site. Without vendors, the site has nothing and nobody left. I think we have a say so, and we just did say so. The argument has been proven that the majority is against Chow's car on the front page. Frankly, I didn't know who Chris Chow was. But I guess he helped a few people out.:rolleyes: I guess he is GOD now. That must make me a disciple, because I donated my alternator to my buddy Surej when his car wasn't running. Can I be on the front page now? Jason Cramer is a definite outstanding member. Hell he created the best products in my mind. Cal Hartline? I need say nothing. Chris Chow??? Wheres his special parts website, oh he wired his own engine. WE ALL WIRE OUR OWN STUFF. I HAVE GOTTEN WAY OFF TOPIC HERE BECAUSE THE TRUE PROBLEM IS THAT HE HAS A V8 AND WE ARE HERE TO REPRESENT THE TURBO V6. But I guess we just found a few more reasons while he doesnt belong. Sounds good enough to me. More power to the moderators. Great site, its going places.:rolleyes: JASON CRAMER ROCKS AND HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PROFESSIONALISM GETS MY VOTE! He BELONGS on the front page. He simply CHOWS down Chris Chow. :Burp:

Scott:(

Scott, you have serious issues with...

Nevermind, you just aren't worth the time.

Good luck in life with your one dimensional way of thinking.

Originally posted by TTA 1387
Scott, you have serious issues with...

Nevermind, you just aren't worth the time.

Good luck in life with your one dimensional way of thinking.

good. go away. You've made no key points in these discussions anyhow. And yours arent one sided??? All opinions are one dimensional, they wouldn't be opinions if they werent. :rolleyes:

Look at the NO CHOW VOTE RISE!!!:p

For the sake of debate in a friendly manner......well... if we break down the website name as argued about we see turbo and buick.... but turbo what? I have a 83 Regal with 40k miles on it, it has a TURBOhydramatic 200c transmission.... but technically it is a "turbo-buick" by the loosest sense of the word.... can we put that on the main page :p :D :p

I'd agree with Cottons car on there, if I recall, did he not just recently set a new record of one sort or another? Sounds more deserving to me, even a 50 mile garage queen would be IMO. Or can I build, and then we put up, a regal with a thunderbird turbo coupe engine in it as long as I do a burnout with it first?

Status
Not open for further replies.