Vote on the Homepage

Should Chris Chow's car be on the front page

• Yes, it is a killer car

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • No, it has a V8 instead of a Turbo 6

Votes: 87 46.8%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • It should be replaced with a Turbo Trans Am :)

Votes: 25 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1badTTA

Resident Smart A$$
Originally posted by Nick Micale
As far as this thread, I have only looked at it couple times. After seeing it with so much activity, I had a thought! If someone would do a poll to keep it on the home page or not, we would abide by the wishes of the majority of board members.

Also, I will be glad to accept your apology.:)

Since the Chris Chow thread is all the rage now, I figured I would put up a poll as suggested.

This is a very good idea, and it also allows one to vote in defiance of the powers that be on this board with secrecy! It is everyboby's duty as a tb.com member to vote on this....come on, folks!

Maybe you can make it a sticky so more people will see it.

And a TTA would be nice on the front page :D

i voted for a TTA

the reason why?

because some newb may come here being intrested in turbo buicks, looks at the home page and sees a trans am may become intrigued, and may want to learn more.

but, what do i know

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
i voted for a TTA

the reason why?

because some newb may come here being intrested in turbo buicks, looks at the home page and sees a trans am may become intrigued, and may want to learn more.

but, what do i know

I did for obvious reasons. I actually put it as an option as a joke thinking it would never happen but am really surprised at how many people feel the same way about wanting to see more TTA's.

The TTA belongs there more than Chow's Regal. What's the name of this site again? This is no slam to Chow's Turbo Regal but is it Buick powered....NO. Therefore it should be excluded and replaced by the Turbo Trans Am which IS a factory original LC2 powered car. Apples - Oranges, plane as the nose on your face.

I voted for the v6 rather than the v8. I do however see nothing wrong at all with a tta on the front page. For our pontiac fans out there. Just because it was a Buick engine in it is why they did'nt continue to make it:confused: According to Jim Wagners anyway. Maybe there was'nt a sophsticated chevy v8 at that time?. Could it be Chevy was getting all it's engine management systems from Nascar technology!:rolleyes:

Probably the reason they didn't make it was 1)they didn't sell well and 2)the $10K option wasn't worth it.

V8 or turbo 6 - Chris Chow is becoming a GN Legend he needs to stay.

But I certainly understand the other side of the argument.

I agree Vector. What ever he has in his car, when the unknowing at the track see him run, they wont remember the V-8 twin turbo, they will remember the GN that kicked a$$. I also see some of the purist points as well, but it isn't something up for debate actually. Look how long it took before the GN population took to accept the TT/a's.
I think next we can put my new project up, a Volvo 740 with a 3.8 turbo in it. After all, that will make it a Buick right? Yaah yu betcha.

Mark

Sure would Mark!:) I agree with the majority of you that it should be a TTA. Buick powered nonetheless, and ready to represent! :) Perhaps bruce can take a look at this voting and see that Chris Chows car, needs to be removed. With the amount that think chris Chows car should not be on there, and the people that would like to see a TA, thats over 50% of the people to the 26 or whatever percent that like it. Majority rules. What do you think Bruce?

Scott

I've read several posts referring to Chris Chow's car as a GN. It's not a Grand National nor has it ever been one.

Maybe we can make a fancy orange/yellow "8" to add to the Turbo 6 logo on the page? We're drifting away from the essence of the "Turbo Buick" community since it all revolves around the amazing LC2 Buick V-6. Without it, the GN / T-Type would just be another grandpa's car with the optional performance T package with the overpowering Olds 307 V-8....what a legend :rolleyes:

For one the poll is flawed because it asks to many questions and can be interpreted either way to make a winner.

There should be a poll saying either stay or remove and nothing else. No skewing of other answers or what not.

Since only a handful of people have voted out of the total members on this site, this isn't a representation either. If this was really a big deal, it would be mailed out to each member for a vote. But since only a handful have voted, maybe then it really is a non issue for the majority.

Originally posted by TTA 1387
For one the poll is flawed because it asks to many questions and can be interpreted either way to make a winner.

There should be a poll saying either stay or remove and nothing else. No skewing of other answers or what not.

Since only a handful of people have voted out of the total members on this site, this isn't a representation either. If this was really a big deal, it would be mailed out to each member for a vote. But since only a handful have voted, maybe then it really is a non issue for the majority.

Are you in love with Chris Chow or something. The POLL is fine, and it was just put up. Give it some time as more people respond. This was not fixed. The TTA was an alternative to CHOWS car and it was something that SHOULD have been considered. Either way you look at it, Chow loses. NOBODY cheated at all. Just take it like a man.

Scott

Well, majority doesn't rule on a privately owned site, and I know Chris' car isn't going away. It will have more company there though in the near future.

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Well, majority doesn't rule on a privately owned site, and I know Chris' car isn't going away. It will have more company there though in the near future.

Well, it was something that Nick Micale had mentioned. And it will be fine up there. I guess good business is keeping the majority unhappy. :rolleyes:

Scott

By the way, Chris Chow, and all moderators shouldnt be able to vote. Oh wait, then hed get no votes. Ok, I'll let it slide, I don't like to see people get embarrassed!:D

Originally posted by Scott4DMny
Are you in love with Chris Chow or something. The POLL is fine, and it was just put up. Give it some time as more people respond. This was not fixed. The TTA was an alternative to CHOWS car and it was something that SHOULD have been considered. Either way you look at it, Chow loses. NOBODY cheated at all. Just take it like a man.

Scott
What is your problem, man?

You are the one already claiming victory and using the other questions in your total.

Rob

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
I agree Vector. What ever he has in his car, when the unknowing at the track see him run, they wont remember the V-8 twin turbo, they will remember the GN that kicked a$$.

Mark

I agree with Mark. They'll say I got beat by a GN/ BUICK TR. We don't have a class just for V-6's. We race heads up with V-8 Maro's and Stangs with juice and blowers. We can always use the excuse, "we only have 6 cylinders". I just got tired of always being on the edge just to try and keep up with them.They're going low 10's. When we win, they'll say, yep "I got beat by a Buick", No matter what the powerplant. I think we ALL can take pride in that.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.