Vote on the Homepage

Should Chris Chow's car be on the front page

• Yes, it is a killer car

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • No, it has a V8 instead of a Turbo 6

Votes: 87 46.8%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • It should be replaced with a Turbo Trans Am :)

Votes: 25 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Scott4DMny
Well, it was something that Nick Micale had mentioned. And it will be fine up there. I guess good business is keeping the majority unhappy. :rolleyes:

Scott
Take it like a man. Silent majority wins :)

Originally posted by Hawaiian Turbo
I agree with Mark. They'll say I got beat by a GN/ BUICK TR. We don't have a class just for V-6's. We race heads up with V-8 Maro's and Stangs with juice and blowers. We can always use the excuse, "we only have 6 cylinders". I just got tired of always being on the edge just to try and keep up with them.They're going low 10's. When we win, they'll say, yep "I got beat by a Buick", No matter what the powerplant. I think we ALL can take pride in that.:D

Our V6 engines are used for excuses when we lose??? You are on the wrong boat brother.

Wrong boat??? How often do you race? It takes alot of time and money to keep the v-6 competative. Maybe you're made of money, but I'm not.

Originally posted by TTA 1387
For one the poll is flawed because it asks to many questions and can be interpreted either way to make a winner.

There should be a poll saying either stay or remove and nothing else. No skewing of other answers or what not.

Since only a handful of people have voted out of the total members on this site, this isn't a representation either. If this was really a big deal, it would be mailed out to each member for a vote. But since only a handful have voted, maybe then it really is a non issue for the majority.

Since I wrote the poll, I have to respond with BS to your post. How can the post be flawed, it gives you the option to vote for chris's car, an option to vote for neither side (since some people aren't opinionated about this) and an option for an alternative to chris's car (which is still a vote against having chris's car there).

As for having only 2 options, what about the people that don't care or have other reasons than it being a V8? I personally feel that a TTA would be a better representation than the V8 WE4, but that is just me (and whoever else voted that way).

Now look at the time and date of the original post and see how long it has been there, there are still alot of people who haven't voted and probably will but the results aren't really changing much if you have watched it.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Since I wrote the poll, I have to respond with BS to your post. How can the post be flawed, it gives you the option to vote for chris's car, an option to vote for neither side (since some people aren't opinionated about this) and an option for an alternative to chris's car (which is still a vote against having chris's car there).

As for having only 2 options, what about the people that don't care or have other reasons than it being a V8? I personally feel that a TTA would be a better representation than the V8 WE4, but that is just me (and whoever else voted that way).

Now look at the time and date of the original post and see how long it has been there, there are still alot of people who haven't voted and probably will but the results aren't really changing much if you have watched it.
There is no BS. Scott seems to deal in absolutes, hence only two questions should be in the poll.

Man all this is getting out of hand....

ok, take the other two categories out and the NO CHOW still leads. Lets take away the I dont cares. Then add the TTA's to the NO CHOW CROWD. Its WAAAAAY BACK AND GONE HOMERUN!

Scott

the reason i dont like Chris Chows car(i think its an amazing machine, dont get be wrong, but ) up there is the fact that when someone sees him run, or a video of him they are going to say 'oh a twin turbo V8'. this is only going to fan the flames of the stupid remarks we all hate to hear. such as:

my friend has a twin turbo v8 GNX w/ a five speed.

why didnt you get the twin turbo V8 option

only one turbo?

so if some newb comes to our site, knowing nothing about these cars and just looks at the front page, he or she, may just be like holy fecal material, they made a twin turbo?! then he will tell all his friends about the twin turbos GN's (WE4's whatever this new person wont know the difference).

so i think all this is doing is throwing gas onto the fire that we all hate to fight. if you know what i mean, same thing with a V8. anyone who has spent two minutes around a running turbo buick can tell the difference between the humm of that little motor and the rumble of a v8.

im done. just my views

I can see both sides of this argument. I voted that I dont care and here is why. I think that a car on the front page should represent that whole board, and since this is a TurboBuick site, I think the car that represents this should be powered by a LC2 motor. But at the same time, after seeing the famous dyno burnout from Chows car how could you not like the car. It is in a Turbo Buick skin, and I dont want to see the board split over a petty topic like this. So either way I dont really care. Lets not loose our common interest in keeping the TurboBuick community alive. "Going fast with Class". just my $.02

I have deleted the post about chris chow so hopefully it will direct everyone here where they can vote. The topics have gotten out of hand with people dishing out pointless information and clogging up members emails. Let the polls begin! Looks good to me so far!:D

Scott

NO Chow 52%
CHOW 28%
:cool:

I have deleted the post about chris chow so hopefully it will direct everyone here where they can vote. The topics have gotten out of hand with people dishing out pointless information and clogging up members emails. Let the polls begin! Looks good to me so far!:D

Scott

NO Chow 52%
CHOW 28%

Uh... dude, you can't count and the TTA vote is not a yes or a no IMO.

Here's the numbers:

Yes: 28%
No: 40%

And this is with ONLY 107 votes out of thousands of members. :rolleyes: NOT a good representation at all.

Scott

NO Chow 52%
CHOW 28%
Good move! These Nancys can spend all day typing out ETs that somebody's Muffstain ran somewhere at sometime in an attempt to obfuscate the REAL issue, but I think the voting is speaking for itself. Of course, it's already been made clear that the results wont matter much, 'cause were all just guests here and what we think doesn't mean a good goddamned thing, etc., etc.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Raven

Here's the numbers:

And this is with ONLY 107 votes out of thousands of members. :rolleyes: NOT a good representation at all.

Your right but "SO FAR" NO Chow is in the lead. Oh and TTA vote is not yes or no? It means replace the Chow Car with a TTA, that would be a NO CHOW vote my friend. Learn to read. And Raven, why do you keep following me around everywhere I post. Do you like me or something?:rolleyes:

Scott

Originally posted by Raven

Here's the numbers:

Everybody keeps saying that, since there have only been a few votes yet, this is not a valid representaton of the general consensus. I think there is some merit to that. Although, when the US government compiles it's statistics it feels that a cross-section is reliable enough.....heck, almost all ratios/statistics/averages, etc. are taken from a cross section. From here on, it is -I think- safe to assume that, while the numbers go up, the percentages will likely travel very little.

If Chow's car is left to stand what's barring someone having an awesome 4cyl Turbo Skylark in here? It's the same argument as keeping Chow's car, maybe even better. Heck, Skylark came from the factory with a Turbo Buick motor in a Buick body...it qualifies for turbobuick.com and a fast one should be on the home page!

Would we accept an actual GN with a blown 455 Buick under the hood here? If not, why? Heck, it's a Buick afterall.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand the concept that this site and the "Turbo Buick" world revolves around the V-6 LC2 motor. If it wasn't for that, these cars would be rusting away in junkyards and "Turbo Buick" wouldn't be in our vocabulary.

It's all about the LC2

Originally posted by TT/A1233
If Chow's car is left to stand what's barring someone having an awesome 4cyl Turbo Skylark in here? It's the same argument as keeping Chow's car, maybe even better. Heck, Skylark came from the factory with a Turbo Buick motor in a Buick body...it qualifies for turbobuick.com and a fast one should be on the home page!

Would we accept an actual GN with a blown 455 Buick under the hood here? If not, why? Heck, it's a Buick afterall.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand the concept that this site and the "Turbo Buick" world revolves around the V-6 LC2 motor. If it wasn't for that, these cars would be rusting away in junkyards and "Turbo Buick" wouldn't be in our vocabulary.

It's all about the LC2

Exactly my point. NOW, as far as the poll goes, lets exempt all moderators from voting. Not to mention, take away all of Chows friends. The pro-Chow voting would diminish. I bet if some of the voters weren't friends of Chow, they would have voted the other way. Friends make it hard to look at the real picture.

Scott

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Everybody keeps saying that, since there have only been a few votes yet, this is not a valid representaton of the general consensus. I think there is some merit to that. Although, when the US government compiles it's statistics it feels that a cross-section is reliable enough.....heck, almost all ratios/statistics/averages, etc. are taken from a cross section. From here on, it is -I think- safe to assume that, while the numbers go up, the percentages will likely travel very little.

Well, random sampling from cross sections is a fairly accurate way to gauge voting polls. However, on this board there are way more members who post in the Tech sections or other arenas than anywhere else. Also, many members (if not most) don't even go to the lounge simply because of the enormous amount of B/S (in their view) that seems to crop up.

So, again - random sampling has some accuracy but only if it is a TRUE cross section of the populace being sampled. This poll (regardless what its outcome may be) is not a true cross sectioning of the board due to its location. It would be like doing exit polling only in Dade County, Fla. - you would get high democratic response and support but nothing else.

Exactly my point. NOW, as far as the poll goes, lets exempt all moderators from voting. Not to mention, take away all of Chows friends. The pro-Chow voting would diminish. I bet if some of the voters weren't friends of Chow, they would have voted the other way. Friends make it hard to look at the real picture.

Scott

Why would you want to exempt anyone from a poll/voting? That is certainly NOT the democratic way.

Either everyone can vote or your results are flawed, regardless.

I think it is a draw. I am counting the people that don't care as a yes for Chris because if they really hated the car being there they would have voted no.

Yes + don't care = 49%

no + TTA = 51%

I think Chris' car might be staying around boys :)

Originally posted by CARTMAN
I think it is a draw. I am counting the people that don't care as a yes for Chris because if they really hated the car being there they would have voted no.

Yes + don't care = 49%

no + TTA = 51%

I think Chris' car might be staying around boys :)
If that's the case, I may try to dig for a mid-late 80's 4 cylinder Turbo Buick Skyhawk (or was it a Skylark) for submission next to Chow's car. Whattd'ya think? Any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.