voltage drop

GN-231

I just got Turbo-link 3.0 the other day to help me tune and diagnose my car. I noticed that I have a insane knock reading that seems to correspond to the shifts sometimes. On some shifts, the Knock goes from 0 to like 45° and within a frame of the shift the system voltage drops substainally to like 0.5V or 0V. I was originally thinking that maybe the belt tensioner was failing or the belt was streched, or maybe the positive battery cable grounding out on something??? 3" DP or header?? What should I be looking for around the positive terminal?? any visual signs??

I think it might be a bad ground also, so I ordered a ground relocation kit from casper. I noticed a few times at idle during the last week my TPS voltage would read 0.0 volts, then a few minutes later it would be 0.42V. Sounds like a ground failure..right? If the ground relo kit doesn't fix, then I will swap out the TPS...its old!

I was throwing some weird codes associated with the voltage dropping so low at times. MAT out of range. TPS low. TPS high. MAF. O2 sensor...blah..blah :eek:

a little long winded but writing stuff down helps put things in perspective.;)

One more thing..... Even with the voltage problems, the car seems to run pretty well through 1st and 2nd. However, when the car is under its highest load at WOT in 3rd gear, it seems to lose performance. The boost flucates and the car feels like the performance hit a brick wall (or lost tons of timing).
another possibility...I haven't ruled out a flakey alternator yet????

Terrific Customer Service & Product!!

Just additional proof about the fine folks at TurboLink!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some products & people lead the way...

and others will never be in the same league!

:)

Thanks Ken!
Your right "Two Lane", Turbo-link service is outstanding. That is one of the reasons why I went with Turbo-link.

Me too, Tim!

Life is far too short for anything less!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Now, I've got to learn how to burn my own chips!)

:)