Volkswagon jetta TDI

tom j

Do any of you have any experience with car? My wife is pushing for the jetta, but if I buy volkswagon I think a diesel would be the way to go.

How reliable are they compared to other diesel cars. WHen I think of diesel you automatcally think 300,000 miles are a common thing. SHe wants to go look at some 2006 jettas tdi. Are they worth looking at.This would be here daily driver. How expensive is the maintence compared to a gas car.

For starters they need a fuel filter every 20k miles (very important) not hard to do, t-belt at around 80k (this one it tough in the drive way) lof with synthetic that is a must at 5k miles we really have had no big issues i will tell you that if you get the auto trans that internally it is a manual trans :confused: , if your wife can drive stick go for the manual (easy to do a clutch)
we have seen them with 125k miles in the first year and the one thing i am gonna tell you try to get an 08 was the last year for 4 years 50k mile warrenty for 09 the warr. went to 3yrs 36k but they give you free services 10,20,30k services also have seen a few with door harness that break wires (this you will know when elect. consumers in the door do't work with the door open) if you need anything hit me up. The power train warrenty for 05-08 is 5 yrs 60k miles so if the eng. blows up at 59999 it's coverd just keep you reciepts for oil and filter

I love VWs, service is great, the cars are great (I have had 3 since 03) and the TDI is a ball to drive....trq and mods well if you ever decide to try it. Otherwise enjoy 38-40 mpg and a reliable car.

I went to a running of the TDI cup a couple months ago, it was a hoot!

So, get one and RACE it........ :)

Bob

I have one (2003 jetta TDI 5 speed) great car....small, roomey, better highway milage than a Prius, plus diesel is cheaper than premium. Plus they are more reliable.

I have 165k on mine and had to put it in the shop one time because of the serpetine belt breaking.

great car
Joshua

My friend's dad has a '04 or '05 Golf TDI, he LOVES it. Uses it for business trips a lot, since it gets crazy mileage. He has a lead food and still manages 45mpg. My mom is in the market for a new car, and I'm pushing her toward a TDI VW, everything I've heard about VW's diesels is positive. :)

I have a cust. who has a 2000 tdi golf it has 395,000 miles on it and he has no plans on getting rid of it i rebuilt the whole front suspension last year and it was original

I'm the same way. I don't ever see me getting rid of mine either. It's loaded, peppy, gets great milage and is paid for. I put some black
18's and a short antenna on mine. I want a bike rack and a radio from a newer model and I'll b done

For starters they need a fuel filter every 20k miles (very important) not hard to do, t-belt at around 80k (this one it tough in the drive way) lof with synthetic that is a must at 5k miles we really have had no big issues i will tell you that if you get the auto trans that internally it is a manual trans :confused: , if your wife can drive stick go for the manual (easy to do a clutch)
we have seen them with 125k miles in the first year and the one thing i am gonna tell you try to get an 08 was the last year for 4 years 50k mile warrenty for 09 the warr. went to 3yrs 36k but they give you free services 10,20,30k services also have seen a few with door harness that break wires (this you will know when elect. consumers in the door do't work with the door open) if you need anything hit me up. The power train warrenty for 05-08 is 5 yrs 60k miles so if the eng. blows up at 59999 it's coverd just keep you reciepts for oil and filter

How are the automatics? Do they feel different than a standard auto trans?

The auto trans has held up well had 1 the flywheel was noisey replaced then was ok and 1 that blew the spring in the clutch and damaged the case (owners fault) the cars as a hole are much better than the previous model and the feel no different than the manual model also customers have said that they are getting almost 50mpg