Vintage Air for GN's...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I was interested in the Vintage Air a/c kit for my GN but after writing the seller a long message with several questions (to which I wasn't finding any answers), he just replied this to me:
"Do a search for - "Replacing thee stock air box for Vintage Air....."
Lots of info and pics there and a few on my web site."

… as if he didn't have time or wasn't very interested in talking to me and to cut it short, referred me to his website… :rolleyes: Too bad 'cause I might have bought not one but two kits, one for my son's Turbo T and he other for my GN. He could have at least told me if it's necessary to remove the dash to install the unit…but probably had more important things to do.
But you know what?…it's ok, I'll just keep my original system, check to see if there are any leaks and recharged.;)

Claude.

Last edited:
I think Nick Micale knows a lot about installing Vintage Air kits too.... if you happen to buy the kit from someone else. IIRC he sells them too.

aaron

Emails are tough when answering question about things like that. IMOP it's best to call the person and speak over the phone about it. What might take a hour to type up can be explained better over the phone in 10 min.

The vintage air is a kick ass setup, works better than all my other cars including my brand new truck.

Don't get to upset about someone's short response as they might receive lots of emails, type slow, or busy. Pointing someone to the board if they already typed something up or someone type something up that might help you isn't a bad thing.

But like I said just call the person.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was interested in the Vintage Air a/c kit for my GN but after writing the seller a long message with several questions (to which I wasn't finding any answers), he just replied this to me:

… as if he didn't have time or wasn't very interested in talking to me and to cut it short, referred me to his website… :rolleyes: Too bad 'cause I might have bought not one but two kits, one for my son's Turbo T and he other for my GN. He could have at least told me if it's necessary to remove the dash to install the unit…but probably had more important things to do.
But you know what?…it's ok, I'll just keep my original system, check to see if there are any leaks and recharged.;)

Claude.

Can you send me his website info so i can see whats involved?

thanks

The vintage air is a kick ass setup, works better than all my other cars including my brand new truck.

Don't get to upset about someone's short response as they might receive lots of emails, type slow, or busy. Pointing someone to the board if they already typed something up or someone type something up that might help you isn't a bad thing.
It's not that I'm upset but rather that I thought that being interested in buying two systems would've sparked a little more interest from the seller...but don't worry, I'm not mad, I was just hoping that my inquiry would've have been answered with more detail rather than a simple "look at my website" kind of answer, that's all.
As for Vintage Air, I'm familiar with them having had one of their systems installed in my Chevelle…works flawlessly.(y)

Claude.

What questions do you have maybe we can help

What questions do you have maybe we can help

I wanted to know if the dash had to come of the car to install the V/A kit…and it appears that yes it does have to come out which might be a problem because I have a roll cage in the car… :rolleyes:

Claude.

Claude.

Sorry Claude, I was in the middle of changing a GN transmission this AM, so I thought i would give you a prompt answer.

If you were seriously interested about info of our VA kit for a G-Body you could have called to get more details?

My time is consumed with work on GN's, but I always take time out to talk to owners no matter if they buy from me or not.

My expertise is working on mechanical stuff like engines, trans, turbos, spark plugs, and do not use a smart phone. Typing is a PIA and difficult for me, and I did provide the answers to your basic questions, you just did not like them?

Phone call is the best method of communicating in my world.

I am a very straight forward person so your posting here is typical of what I have been experienced lately with a few owners, "I want information immediately, or the hell with you?"

Years ago in my retail auto business the customers became demanding and unreasonable, and I now see this happening here.

Like everyone on earth, my time is limited and I refuse to deal with anyone with an attitude, especially in the turbo Buick community, so my participation on the board, and what I do locally is becoming less and less.

P.S. I could have said this in a couple minutes, had it written out in 5-6 minutes, but with 2 fingers on a keyboard it has been 35 minutes.

Sorry Claude, I was in the middle of changing a GN transmission this AM, so I thought i would give you a prompt answer. If you were seriously interested about info of our VA kit for a G-Body you could have called to get more details? My time is consumed with work on GN's, but I always take time out to talk to owners no matter if they buy from me or not. My expertise is working on mechanical stuff like engines, trans, turbos, spark plugs, and do not use a smart phone. Typing is a PIA and difficult for me, and I did provide the answers to your basic questions, you just did not like them?

Phone call is the best method of communicating in my world. I am a very straight forward person so your posting here is typical of what I have been experienced lately with a few owners, "I want information immediately, or the hell with you?" Years ago in my retail auto business the customers became demanding and unreasonable, and I now see this happening here. Like everyone on earth, my time is limited and I refuse to deal with anyone with an attitude, especially in the turbo Buick community, so my participation on the board, and what I do locally is becoming less and less.

P.S. I could have said this in a couple minutes, had it written out in 5-6 minutes, but with 2 fingers on a keyboard it has been 35 minutes.

Who da man? You da man! ;)