Vince Janis Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is there now. Waiting on several billet parts from Bruce. Drove there from Buffalo NY area because I wanted to meet him face to face before deciding. Heard nothing but good things about him. I cant wait to get it back & installed. Been a long time since I drove the pig.

Thanks guys. I talked to him on the phone Teusday and he sounds as if he really knows what it takes to build these transmissions the right way. I'm getting the money together now so he can build me a billet unit. I hope to have it built and in the car within the next month.

I just talked with "Uge" @ Vinny's place not too long ago. I have a tranny currently there as well, and the billet parts should be there any day now.

On a side note, Vinny's mother-in-law is terminally ill and ready to pass away. My deepest regards to Vinny and his family!!

K.

janis trans

i have a janis trans in my car ( mid 11's) and its problem free!! shifts great!!
pulled it last winter and they offered to refresh it for only $150.00. highly rec.

tim galloway

Vince builds an excellent transmission. He was one of the first for these cars. Back in the day there were only a few shops to visit for transmssions, my shop Turbo Buick Performance, Level 10, Art Carr, PMAC(now century) and Vince. Eric from Dynotech started building units for Fred Vetter in 96-97. There were some others, but these were the mainline. You won't be sorry using Vince....

Dave

I'm looking for opinions on Vince Janis transmissions. Any feedback is appreciated.
Vince's transmision work is in my words the best out their. Did my trans 4 years ago. Been beating the crap out of it, best run to date is 10.39@131mph.

Vince is one of the best and most respectable guys in the business when it comes to our trannys, whether it be the 200 or a 400. I didn't have him do the tranny when I first bought the car in 2001, He did mine last fall and it immediately dropped 1/2 sec of the quarter mile. He guaranteed that it if did not hold up for 11 second runs that he would fix it no charge. If I wanted to go 10's; he would upgrade it for parts only. I am spoiled because I live in Akron, but I give props to him because he is committed to TR's and ensuring they are fast and reliable. You can't go wrong with him!! And obviously with all these posts, no one can say anything questionable about him. He knows what he is doing.

Vince did my transmission 4-5 years ago. It had already been rebuilt (by someone else) like so many have, but was not right, had a bad flare on the 2-3 shift. I took the 3-4 hour drive there, and have not regretted it once, still shifts like the day I picked it up. All of these positive posts make me feel even better about my choice.

Janis Automotive Transmissions
1507 Kenmore Boulevard
Akron, OH 44314-1661
(330) 753-6609

Be kind and use a vendor that supports our community PLEASE:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.