Vince Janis Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
(330) 753-6609

While I'm at it, here:
1507 Kenmore Blvd
Akron,OH44314

....oh dang, if I would've went to page 2, I would've seen that many people replied already. Oops, well, I can't delete it...

Vince did my trans two years ago- it has worked flawless. His shop is meticulously clean and organized. Great experience and great guy to deal with! :D

Vinnie may not be a site sponsor, but his reputation in the entire Buick community speaks for it's self. the good thing about Vinnie is when he tells you it will be done by... , it will BE DONE!! he built my TH350 & told me have no fear, it will live behind my new Stage II set up.

UPDATE... not many can say they have a th350 that holds up to 8 sec passes, there are 2 years of Stage II powered low 9 - mid 8 sec. passes.

I couldnt agree more. I almost always use a supporting vendor.
That being said, just because someone isnt a supporting vendor, that doesnt mean he isnt one of the best.
I had some major problems a few years ago with a supporting members build, to the point that I really lost interest in my ride & sold it some time later. This trans didnt work right from day one, and though this vendor tried, & tried, & tried he couldnt get it right. I know this can happen to anybody at any time but I really spent some time & $$ & it just never worked for me.

Anyhow, I still needed to have the trans repaired so upon the advice of a local T.R. club member I started over & went to Janis in Ohio. It was done on time, at the price quoted, ( the same as everyone else but it included many hardened & billet parts where theirs didnt) and worked great the first time & still working to this day. So there is an exception to every rule. I still use supporting members every chance I can but my #1 rule is only use Janis, supporting member or not.

I couldnt agree more. I almost always use a supporting vendor.
That being said, just because someone isnt a supporting vendor, that doesnt mean he isnt one of the best.
So there is an exception to every rule. I still use supporting members every chance I can but my #1 rule is only use Janis, supporting member or not.

Well said hes the only trans guy for me bar none.

My car has 135k on the original tranny and all seems fine ( i do have an art car trans pan and converter that was installed around 1990) I am probably going to rebuild my motor when winter rolls around, what kind of money to get my tranny rebuilt there? For use behind a 400hp motor? I know i could call but would rather had some more insite to what i may or may not need before i call. I have had very few issues since 1990 in my car do not feel the need to overbuild for piece of mind. I just want what is needed within reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.