vin check please.. i just bought an 87' GN

What area of the country did you buy this car from? How about more info

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

lol, well maybe your right, it's just better not to know, but i was wondering if it really is original miles.. I've had plenty of these 3.8's in willys jeeps over the years, and know they run forever.. Everything jives on the car, and i did get a real good deal on it, so maybe i should leave well enough alone. Besides, i've been buying/selling classics for years, and know what to look for, just thought i'd see if my eye is as good as i think it is, lol.

Kinda like putting the condom on after the sex...........lol

Post up some pics and info.
Welcome to the darkside Drew.

WHAT'S A CONDOM?:whistle: It is not the same one i was talking about possibly being stolen, wouldn't touch that one with a 10' pole.. this one that i did buy has all stickers, all matching VIN#s and seems decent.. 99.9%stock, needs bumper fillers.. i was looking at those fiberglass ones on ebay something like $200 for all 4..Anyone have experience with those? ...Also, not to get off topic, if i could get a vin check for s@#ts, and giggles, i'd really appreciate it.. Thanks guys..

Attachments

• dREW'S 1987 Buick GN 012.jpg
    dREW'S 1987 Buick GN 012.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • dREW'S 1987 Buick GN 010.jpg
    dREW'S 1987 Buick GN 010.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • dREW'S 1987 Buick GN 011.jpg
    dREW'S 1987 Buick GN 011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
thanks rmar, my thoughts exactly!...i'm in the process of working with progressive, but if anyone has a better suggestion, i'm all ears.. it will be driven daily all summer long.

If it don't work out with progressive there are several good threads.
I believe American classic let's you drive and has good rates., a lot of us use Grundy or Hagerty for our garage queens.

Thanks much rmar! ... it sounds like progressive will let me insure it for whatever amount i want, within reason. As long as i take pics, and document what i spend on the car, i should be safe.. The only downfall, even though the title says Regal/ Grand National, their system seems to only see it as a Regal..This may come back to bite me!..It took me my whole adult life to save for a GN, i will never be able to do it again.. Maybe an appraisal is the solution to this issue, maybe a different co.. But for now, it's finally in the shop, and my 1970 Bronco is outside, blocking it in, along with my winter beater Cherokee.. I have started some rather sneaky anti scumbag measures, too..Not taking chances anymore..

on a side note, the powermaster is already giving me grief!:rage:... Because of how long it took me to buy one outright, i want an entirely rebuilt unit. Haven't seen one on here, but if anyone has one for less than Kirban (i'm on their waiting list) please let me know. Also, with 2 kids, it needs to be safe, so i believe the new/rebuilt unit is the answer. Im not interested in vacuum because we do car shows, so i want originality.. thanks in advance

Welcome aboard !
The powermaster probably just needs an accumulator bowl if the light is coming on and then going out.....

Bryan

Kinda like putting the condom on after the sex...........lol

Post up some pics and info.
Welcome to the darkside Drew.
I thought I was the only one who did that.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

so you think even though it takes 11 seconds consistently to build with key on/ engine off/ system depressurized, that it's the acc ball?? that is definately what i believe it to be, and i don't think the troubleshooting guide is 100% correct after reading the stories... also, sometimes it works, sometimes the pedal is hard..