Very interesting news.

I'm not upset about the ATS platform. I'm upset that from what I've read, the GN will have the same engine choices as the ATS...but no turbo option. Only the GNX will get the turbo 6. Then again, this may be good news for us. If the new GN turns out badass, ours will go down in value. If it is a flop, then I can see our values rising over the next few years.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Camaro and vette will remain top dogs. I think the way we expect a new gn to be wont happen. Its just not the platform.anymore. and yes only turboing a gnx is a slap in the face,but lets be real here. Its comes down to dollars. Gm will be using a name to generate sales and that will be the extent of it. And 99% of people buying the new gn/gnx are not car people like us. All they will hear is grand national,remember it was the "it"car then so this one should be no.different. I do hope they get it right but I.doubt it. And slapping those 3 letters gnx on a newer car is like taking magic johnsons # down and letting kobe play with it. Sure he maybe a great player but he will never be a magic johnson. If it comes out cant wait to run into one one the street lol

I'm not upset about the ATS platform. I'm upset that from what I've read, the GN will have the same engine choices as the ATS...but no turbo option. Only the GNX will get the turbo 6. Then again, this may be good news for us. If the new GN turns out badass, ours will go down in value. If it is a flop, then I can see our values rising over the next few years.

Hey Mike
See -and I read the GN gets the new twin turbo 3.6L LF3 motor and the GNX gets the - (hand to throat) - LT1.

Oh bada$$ - schmada$$.
They've rolled out many a supposedly bada$$ muscle cars in the last several years - and I haven't seen them have any effect on our market value.
Which I might add - sort of stinks anyway.
Comparatively speaking.

Yes - it will be black.
Yes - it will have the Grand National fender badge put upon it. (Here we go again with the badge engineered crazy)
Calling Roger Smith...calling Roger Smith..please report to Bankruptcy Courtroom 3C
But mark my words - except for true car nuts - not many people are going to stop the driver while he is pumping gas and ask - 'Hey is that a Grand National?"
It will look like most other late model BMW's, Audi's, Part Camaro / Part Buick / Part Cadillac; etc.
It's a crowded field out there.
We only breathe Buick, but the rest of the world doesn't.

And does Buick even know what Grand National means anymore?
I know Ford knows what Mustang means. They never forgot.
Chuby - Camaro, - well kinda.
Buick?
Buick Motorsports - dead
Buick Racing? - Nope
Stage Performance - nada
Oh - how about one of these lovely pink polo shirts just like tiger Wood's girlfriend wears at the Masters though?
It has a Buick logo on it - isn't it nice?
This is Mark Reuss's fantasy come true.
Let the dream die Mark.
You're not Lloyd.
This isn't your father's Buick.

People go to Buick to buy Enclaves.
Or - if the think they are about to die - the buy a LaCrosse.
I still am not seeing how Buick sells (many).
Knowing how much they charge for their high end stuff these days.
When I bought my GN's new - I was a working stiff and could still afford a 36 month credit union loan payment.
Remember those?
The new car terms are like houses these days.
Not that it stops many fools from signing.

And I thought the whole GM playbook included this new play about selling lots of cars and making money.
And I kind of heard in their brush with death - that if a car model didn't sell - in volumes - it was a goner.
They're doing halo cars again?
Good times are back. For a second.

R

Any car coming out in 2015 is already 99.9% complete as far as design and development goes. Any "feedback" at this point would be too little and too late.

Whatever it is.... it is.

Exactly what is the definition of "is" is? :D

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Camaro and vette will remain top dogs. I think the way we expect a new gn to be wont happen. Its just not the platform.anymore. and yes only turboing a gnx is a slap in the face,but lets be real here. Its comes down to dollars. Gm will be using a name to generate sales and that will be the extent of it. And 99% of people buying the new gn/gnx are not car people like us. All they will hear is grand national,remember it was the "it"car then so this one should be no.different. I do hope they get it right but I.doubt it. And slapping those 3 letters gnx on a newer car is like taking magic johnsons # down and letting kobe play with it. Sure he maybe a great player but he will never be a magic johnson. If it comes out cant wait to run into one one the street lol

Then they should do T-Types like they always have.
To use the GN and GNX badges is just being a "slore".
Which they are.
I yearn for the good ole days when they could have just re-badged a Daewoo as a Grand National. :D

They are coming out with the ATS Coupe and the Camaro will be on Alpha.
Do you think GM needs 3 compact/mid coupes in their portfolio?
I would rather they make this off the Alpha plus that the CTS is on and the CTS Coupe should be on.
What do you guys think the targeted competition would be?

Themselves.

Ill look for her and give her the forum/buick community concerns....i would love to buy one if its "right"

Please give her my finest regards.
And send me a picture?
But not if she is anything less than a 5.67832
Then lose my number.

You slighted the CTS-V by the way.. :eek:
I'm tellin' mom.

I guess we all read things differently. I read that the GN would have a turbo I4 option (GM already has that engine on the street in the Malibu), and the GNX would be getting the twin turbo V6.

I think as long as they listen to the true blood hard core Buick owners and not let the bean counters interfere, they could have a hit.
My must have's are simple.

- Two doors.
- Rear wheel drive.
- Turbo/twin turbo V6 with 400+ hp & tq. (Enough to properly motivate the undoubtedly 4000+ lb car.)
- 6 speed Automatic.
- Price under 38k for the GN.

They already have the powertrain figured out with the new TT V6, as well as the chassis.
Come on Buick, let's get this one right!

secret.gif
X2 ! :)

I guess we all read things differently. I read that the GN would have a turbo I4 option (GM already has that engine on the street in the Malibu), and the GNX would be getting the twin turbo V6.

I4 Turbo.
(Snicker)

I'm sure it is a fine little powerplant - but I'm a little suspect as to the torque such a "monster motor" would produce.

But on the bright side - I can put a fart can on one like all the other guys around town! :D

Yeah, a turbo 4 banger just does not scream "Grand National" to me. Save that motor for the sport compacts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I found a video of Nancy Huber explaining the unique features of a 2012 Regal GS.

I'm sure many members on here could care less or even acknowledge that the Regal GS even exists.

As for a building a new GN/GNX, the technology exists to build this car right now....3.6TT, A8, RWD etc., but it ain't gonna be cheap. My guess is north or 50K for starters. Cadillac builds this car right now as the '14 CTS V-Series (not CTS-V).

I wonder if having a weak car come out would have any price effect at all on the 80's ones?. Wasn't there a Nova and a Duster a few years back, or how about the Impala SS front wheel drive. The Grand National is such a forefront badging above a regal badge that I wonder though. At the very least it would be yet another thing to have to explain, "no, the good ones were...". I suppose its better than having to say "yes these new ones are faster but the 80's ones are ...uh...collectable".

I found a video of Nancy Huber explaining the unique features of a 2012 Regal GS.

I'm sure many members on here could care less or even acknowledge that the Regal GS even exists.

As for a building a new GN/GNX, the technology exists to build this car right now....3.6TT, A8, RWD etc., but it ain't gonna be cheap. My guess is north or 50K for starters. Cadillac builds this car right now as the '14 CTS V-Series (not CTS-V).

I'm mean no disrespect, but she gave me the impression that she is not in any way connected with this car at all. Give just about any auto enthusiast 5 minutes to prepare and he or she could do a much better job describing that car. I drove a 2012 Regal GS and it was a POS IMO. I was very disappointed. I then drove a SHO. WOWWWWW!!!! If you get over the ugly factor, what a badass car.

If this is the person leading the way for the next gen GN and GNX, I have just lost all hope. I will go back to enjoying my mullet generation GN, the only car out there worthy of being driven by a BAMF like Darth Vader. That is all.

The Regal GS is not a drag racer's car.
It's target competition is Acura and Lexus sedans.
Obviously it should not be considered a true replacement for the 86-87 cars.

Look, just tell her they need to target all the other fast coupes that can't stop or turn worth a shit.....like the GT500.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm not saying that the Regal GS is a replacement for the TR's. I'm just saying that after watching that video I don't get a warm and fuzzy about the development of the new GN / GNX line. Buick missed the boat with the Regal GS IMO. I was disappointed in the fit and finish, styling, and the turbo lag on the auto I drove was very annoying. The only really cool thing is their handling and braking numbers. That is what drew me to the car in the first place, but I would not hesitate to get a Lexus 350IS over the GS. Honestly, Buick has been hit and miss over their entire existance. The only cars that stand out to me are the mid 50's Special, '59 line (even though it was a dumb idea to build the entire line on a single platform), mid 60's Riviera, '64-'72 GS line, and of course the TR's. I guess I'm disappointed that they haven't had a "hit" in a long time.