Very interesting news.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
I receive Kirban's monthly Kirban Inner Circle email today and there was some news worthy info. Don't know if you guys were aware of this, some of you I'm sure know already, but I just had to share.

Towards the bottom of the email, under CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS FOR 2013 - was this tid bit of exciting info.

"Working on having the 2015 models of the new GNX and Grand National display along with a GM rep to hold a seminar on the car's development and performance capabilities.

"Nancy Huber, Program Engineering Manager for Buick Motor Division, will be attending the Nats. next month. She will be driving down in her manual shift 2014 Regal. Manual shift cars are something new to the Buick line, She will be highlighted at the event, and possibly will have more info for us on the production of the new GN and GNX.

She said she would be taking input from us back to Buick from us for possibly influencing what these two new models will include and made available to the public when these cars are finally manufactured and released for sale to the public."

That sounds very interesting don't you think?
Just thought I'd share.

Patrick

I think your avatar is more interesting.
Shame they're bringing the GN and GNX back. Now if they introduced a NEW performance automobile, then I'd admit my interest was piqued.

I think as long as they listen to the true blood hard core Buick owners and not let the bean counters interfere, they could have a hit.
My must have's are simple.

- Two doors.
- Rear wheel drive.
- Turbo/twin turbo V6 with 400+ hp & tq. (Enough to properly motivate the undoubtedly 4000+ lb car.)
- 6 speed Automatic.
- Price under 38k for the GN.

They already have the powertrain figured out with the new TT V6, as well as the chassis.
Come on Buick, let's get this one right!

I can neither confirm, nor deny the avatar.
secret.gif

Cool news. Please give her constructive information guys. I can see this turning into a bitch and moan session with the wrong people.
Be excited for the coming line up. Make it a car to strike fear once again.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Make sure Richard Clark knows about this......

edit: In thinking about it, I'm sure he is aware...... :)

B

They definitely won't have models in October at the show as the big reveal is rumored for the Detroit auto show in January. Regardless of when, it will be a big deal with media.

I just hope its a station wagon or suv!
I'm always hauling around a bunch of crap and the more cargo space better!

> Should be quicker than ANY new domestic car (no small feat), V6 turbo, lean towards luxury side, have such a high tech engine that after a few years its so finicky that its obnoxious -even 30yrs later lol, build 30 thousand and abruptly stop, create a super expensive aftermarket.

The twin turbo v6 is already in production i saw in a xts v sport (huge boat anchor of a car) at a dealer i dropped a car off at...I think the new one should be faster than the base vette , ss camaro, 5.0 mustang and challenger stock with meat left on the bone...The aftermarket can then take over.....

I think as long as they listen to the true blood hard core Buick owners and not let the bean counters interfere, they could have a hit.
My must have's are simple.

- Two doors.
- Rear wheel drive.
- Turbo/twin turbo V6 with 400+ hp & tq. (Enough to properly motivate the undoubtedly 4000+ lb car.)
- 6 speed Automatic.
- Price under 38k for the GN.

secret.gif

X2
Oh, and, uhmmmm,
maybe offer it in black only?:confused:
&, just spit-ballin' here....
black & grey interior?:rolleyes:
Maybe even a vintage "Member's Only " jacket!? :cool: ( No? Too much?)
Anywho...
Just sayin'...

Do_O

The twin turbo v6 is already in production i saw in a xts v sport (huge boat anchor of a car) at a dealer i dropped a car off at...I think the new one should be faster than the base vette , ss camaro, 5.0 mustang and challenger stock with meat left on the bone...The aftermarket can then take over.....

Coming from a true turbo v6 enthusiast, it's going to be hard to compete with the 2015 5l mustang as it will be getting some upgrades including lightning of the car. There is a bolt-on, tuned, converter, and tire 12' local that runs 10.70's na. That is just insane potential! I have a feeling the new gn will rival the ford ecoboost Taurus. It's going to be heavy.

Well, as nice as the Fords are, at least these new Buicks won't be wrong-wheel-drive like they all are now.

This is going to be a tough one for them. For it to be a winner with me, it will need some styling queues from the old car, be a 2 door coupe (make a 4 door version and call it something else...maybe a T type?), it has to be Black, and a turbo V6 platform that gives the Ecoboost a run for it's money. Now that I've seen an Ecoboost car that can put down 600hp to the wheels on a stock, unopened motor with more in it, they have some BIG shoes to fill. If course making it RWD would he a HUGE bonus.

I want to believe, but since there have been no spy shots of this car or confirmation that they were approved, it is highly unlikely that a car will show up.
They could show some designs and get feed back, they have had focus groups on the new mustang.
Then again Dennis doesn't blow smoke, if he could get this it would be unprecedented.
I wish I could go!

Sounds like they are just going to rebadge the ATS and no turbo unless you buy a gnx. Already sounds like bad news.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Ill look for her and give her the forum/buick community concerns....i would love to buy one if its "right"

Sounds like they are just going to rebadge the ATS and no turbo unless you buy a gnx. Already sounds like bad news.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

They are coming out with the ATS Coupe and the Camaro will be on Alpha.
Do you think GM needs 3 compact/mid coupes in their portfolio?
I would rather they make this off the Alpha plus that the CTS is on and the CTS Coupe should be on.
What do you guys think the targeted competition would be?

Any car coming out in 2015 is already 99.9% complete as far as design and development goes. Any "feedback" at this point would be too little and too late.

Whatever it is.... it is.

1 - If she is attractive - someone please get her number for a private consumer targeting session.
If not - forget I mentioned it.

2 - 38K is....dreaming.
I think the base Regal is 38K these days.
These new cars are way too expensive to this guy.
Well - as long as I have these money pits to feed that is.

3 - Faster than the ZL1 or Corvette?
Here we go again - how can Chuby allow Buick to have a faster higher performing car than their two flagship models?

4 - I'm still not seeing it.
I visited a Buick dealership the other day - and it was like visiting the Lexus dealer; all shiny and tranquil.
But with a lot filled with Enclaves.
You know what parts they could find for a Regal Grand National?
AC Delco PCV - nope.
Seal tabs. That's right - don't laugh - Seal Tabs. That's it.
The parts counter was like my receptionist's counter. Coffee maker and a pen. Way too clean for my liking.
The performance parts display? A Buick mug - which I liked very much by the way.
I simply don't see their clientele as being hipo afficianados.
They may not be 80 years old anymore - but still.
The waiting room at Jim Ellis Buick looked like something in Florida.
I thought I should have used a walker to fit in.
I fully expected a suited manager to approach me and say "We don't serve your type here any longer" "Sir - kindly depart these fair premises and please take your greasy, dirty business elsewhere"

I dunno bout this GN thing

5 - Last but never my least
If it isn't a Buick REGAL Grand National - fail.
And it won't be since the Regal isn't the platform.

But GM doesn't need my help to screw up.
They do very well on their own.

I'd rather see a new Riv. That's a little more to their current clientele's liking.