Very interesting news.

Buick didnt get it right after 87 w fwd regal gs untill the supercharged one but it was still fwd. Again they will.bank on.name and history ,throw some horsepower our way to shut the gearheads up and wait for the $ to.hopefully.roll in. But if you think about it history repeats itself. Remember how long it took the gn to gain respect in.the muscle car groups? So I think we are the.old guys bitching.theyre.not literally reproducing it bolt for bolt. I can say I dont mind being part of that group :D

If the cars are even put into production, GM needs to look at what it's done CORRECTLY with their remakes (Camaro), and what it's done INCORRECTLY with their remakes (GTO).

If they take the GTO route, they'll re-badge an ATS with some emblems and some hype, spruce up the horsepower ratings a little, refer to the originals in their ad campaign and sell a few cars.

If they take the Camaro route, they use an existing platform, do some creative shit with the body, make it REALLY perform like the original (or better), and make the car a REAL tribute to the original with some attitude. Then they'll not only sell a few cars to the people who want to buy the NEW one, but they'll also catch some of the younger generation who are tired of cookie cutter Camaros, Mustangs, and Mopars. And just might grab some of us older guys who actually have the old ones and know how to USE them.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

While the above was taken from my weekly inner circle the info refers to the upcoming GS nationals and the fact those people will be there. It has nothing to do with me or my imput. I merely report what was forwarded to me concerning the upcoming GS nationals next week.

Its been several years I believe since Buick Motor Division brought any vehicles or PR people to the GS Nationals.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Well, at least they are showing up. That is positive. I just hope they see what the enthusiasts are looking for. They need to understand that the performance of the car is expected to be right up there with the Corvette, at this point that is a tough act to follow. That being said, The Taurus SHO is in the same ballpark as the Mustang GT, so Buick should be able to make it happen too.