Venting Frustation!...take a look

Ok, so you go to your local dealer to buy a new car. You find various scratches, dents and cracks. All aren't visible if you're just standing there looking at the car, but the defects are in places like the door jambs etc. Would you still buy that car? Most folks would probably not. When purchasing new parts, a certain degree of quality is expected. They might not be 'fatal' flaws, but they are clearly flaws nonetheless.
im not sure why but im thinking bout my wife when i read this

I'm just saying instead of boxing them up and re-sending them back and waiting for the replacements it don't take much to re-size them to spec. and then balance and assemble.

I think it is about the principle.

Disclaimer: This is 100% fictitious.
I do not know anyone who has gone through this and I made this all up!

Ok . . . . let’s say you have a high 9 second car build in another state :cool: . . . and paid for a turn-key set-up.
The car is shipped in enclosed trailer, driven into the trailer by the builder, and the car has all the protective tricks . . . i.e.: The car WILL NOT START without some code that only you have so the driver could have never started the motor.
You roll the car out of the trailer . . . . and start the car . . . but oil pressure is real low.
The builder (who has been paid) tells you that it is an easy fix; “Pull the oil pump cover and verify the clearances of the pump . . . . get a TA gasket set and install the one to give the desired clearance.”
Would you go to a local shop and have them do this at your cost? . . . . . . . .

Whatever mistake is made . . . (and yes, “It happens”) . . . . it will cost the end customer if not caught before delivery.
This is the reason contracts typically have a penalty clause.
It comes down to the frequency of the mistakes . . . . and how they are handled.

Got more info....the saga continues. Installed new King Rod bearings to mic one last time and noticed they don't line up! At the point the two halves come together there's an offset....ARGHHH!!!! Can I install like this?