Valve covers

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Alrite,I've been looking hi and low and cant find replacement valve covers.

Any suggestions as to a donor car that will fit??

GM has disco'd the originals.

What do the racing TTA'a use??Or is this a custom fab only job.I really could care less about the oil port for the turbo on the drivers side cover.

Maybe get some centerbolt adapters like the ones for the SBC and adapt a different cover?

Problem may also be since the low production figures,no-one ever made them.

Someone has got to know./have an answer Please

Why do you need Valve Covers? Whats wrong with your stock ones?

89turbota, now thats what I'm talking about.You are the man.Great job.Do you have another set?Make another set?Or willing to part with the originals?

BTW,what part of miami are you from.I grew up there and was involved heavily in the street racing scene early,mid 80's.And latter 80's by turkey point in cutler ridge.I'm in St Pete know.

Mike S,the problem with my stock valve covers is that there's no breather on the passenger side.And as you know,these enginges need to vent to prevent rear main probs.And one little breather on the drivers side is not enough in my opinion.So thats why I put up the post.

What I'm really looking for is another drivers side VC.

Julio

Hey 89TURBOTA, do ya have any part #'s for that rocker conversion???

We have talked about this b4, but I cant find those rockers anywhere.

Also, what would a set of those covers cost your fellow bretheren?? :D

Thanks!!!

Found a set.

Julio,

I found a set of valve covers at the bone yard. They are from a 86 3.0 V-6. They look the same as our's, they have the same cap hole. Also have the hole on the side of the cover. I was told they will work.

Dan