Valve cover issues

Spawn1987

Hey everyone. Having a valve cover fitment issue I was hoping someone else has come across and may know a trick to resolve it. I have an 87 GN, stroke build with champion irons, and GN1 covers to clear the roller rockers. I've removed the heat shield on the air box, all brand new motor mounts and body mount bushings, and I still can't get the cover to line up withthe holeholes on the passenger side. Any suggestions?

1554242903962883242036359058198.jpgvalve cover

Those covers are very tight. Maybe the body isnt on the frame straight making them not fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just find it disappointing that all the effort to change the bushings, and it looks as if there's virtually no additional clearance.

those clam shell style low profile are from TA performance but fit all production style heads (stock irons, champion iron or aluminum or TA performance )
the ones you have you call GN1 are not champion but TA performance . try the TA low profile or the Champion valvecovers

those clam shell style low profile are from TA performance but fit all production style heads (stock irons, champion iron or aluminum or TA performance )
the ones you have you call GN1 are not champion but TA performance . try the TA low profile or the Champion valvecovers
Champions.... the rear passenger side mirror bottom bolt is a pain in the ass...but better than the Kenne Bell style he has.
959903e52fc0554476d1ffbae7c8a430.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Those are TA heads? will they work with champion irons?
I have a set of Champion valve covers to sell just like the ones in jasjams photo. Great condition. I actually just bought a set of the tall TA covers like yours a month ago because I prefer those. My car has no AC box.

Champions.... the rear passenger side mirror bottom bolt is a pain in the ass...but better than the Kenne Bell style he has.
959903e52fc0554476d1ffbae7c8a430.jpg

Nice you powder coat valves and Intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice you powder coat valves and Intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, the guy that did that stuff landed a great job and doesn't coat anymore. A buddy dropped the valve cover on a rough concrete floor and it didn't hurt it one bit.

I actually just found a set from cottons like the ones jasjamz for cheap, said they were used once. I'm just going to use these. I want to keep my heat/air. So I've a set of the tall TA's like in the picture if anyone knows someone that wants some. Never been used. And thanks for all the insight. Its always appreciated.

Well, I've got other issues. New low profile TA's, new motor mounts, and still lack about an 1/4" or so from clearing the passenger side air box. New body mount bushings, all jee mounts, and it still hits.