Value of a GN vs T-TYPE?

i am in the market for some rims and there is a guy who posts pics on his signature of a grey T type with some very nice wide wheels on the back ( not crazy wide) and something alittle smaller on the front. Stance on that car makes it look like a pit bull ready to get down to business. I would probably consider going that route on rims, as for color, i've always favored black. So my GN will stay it's color, besides it has a fresh paint on it. only thing the paint needs is maybe a few coats of clear to really make it shine. If anyone knows the car i'm talking about please let me know who it is. i really like his rims and would like to know the manufactor of them. Also bolt pattern, i figured it's either a 5 on 5 or 5 on 5 1/2. i wasnt sure but rims will be one of the next things on my list of mods to do to my car.

Here's one

Had it sanded and painted due to a delamination problem. It's a Medium Charcoal, microfine metallic with near equal blue and red mixed in. I really like it without the badges too!

Attachments

• 103108 Finished 05.jpg
    103108 Finished 05.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 331
Had it sanded and painted due to a delamination problem. It's a Medium Charcoal, microfine metallic with near equal blue and red mixed in. I really like it without the badges too!

Great looking Buick!!;)

IMO, I'd never paint a true GN any other color than black....that's just me.

I get more compliments with my 78 Malibu painted yellow than I do the GN but the GN get's more compliments than my silver Turbo T. Probably because the T just looks like a regular old chromed-out grandma Regal.:D Personaly, I don't care what color other people paint their GN. If I would come across the car at a car show or on the street I'd probably say that someone swapped in a GN interior in their T trying to get the GN look.:D

I get more compliments with my 78 Malibu painted yellow than I do the GN but the GN get's more compliments than my silver Turbo T. Probably because the T just looks like a regular old chromed-out grandma Regal.:D Personaly, I don't care what color other people paint their GN. If I would come across the car at a car show or on the street I'd probably say that someone swapped in a GN interior in their T trying to get the GN look.:D
X2----If i were at a car show and seen where someone swapped their wheel's on their GN over to TA wheels i would think they were just trying to get that TA look !!:biggrin:

At the car shows I get this all the time.

"Dude, why did you paint your GN white".

"It's a T-type the GN was just a trim option " :tongue:

If I would come across the car at a car show or on the street I'd probably say that someone swapped in a GN interior in their T trying to get the GN look.:D

But yet you are thinking about making an Aero-GN just to get that Monte Carslo look. Tsk,tsk :rolleyes:

Just kidding bud. :wink:

One of the locals has a GN painted Porshe Red at the local Porshe dealers & it looks great.

I think no matter how rare, the GN is still the most sought after,and the most valuable. Rarity in itself doesn't mean more value.
I know when I bought my 86 GN last December,I wouldn't consider buying any other TB!!!!
Just my .02.

GNs have the "name" .. everyone knows what it is. Personally I don't care for GNs.. Got tired of them after 15 years and got into the "T"'s. I like the colored ones better BUT GNs are worth more and are a LOT easier to sell :cool:

GNs have the "name" .. everyone knows what it is. Personally I don't care for GNs.. Got tired of them after 15 years and got into the "T"'s. I like the colored ones better BUT GNs are worth more and are a LOT easier to sell :cool:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

I have nothing bad to say about T-types . When I got in the Market I wanted a GN plain and simple but i agree with someone else on this thread . I dont like the fact that I am not comfortable walking to far away from it . I have a 79 Ta that I really dont worry about . The theft aspect of it takes some of the joy away . That feeling quickly disappears when I get in the car and hear that motor whistle

That look sweet 4 sure.

red GN

i'd like to see that, if you get a chance post a pic. i'm sure there are some people on the board who'd love to change the color from black. I'm in texas and one of the many draw backs is the heat. Man it can kill your a55 quick or atleast feel like it. I know A/C is for wussies but i can't wait to get my A/C going. I don't run my car hard often but i'd like to cruise in comfort.

Duttweiler had a red one, right? From what I remember that thing really looked good..and stood out at the track. Kinda like Cottons orange one. Theres a local guy with a dark, dark metallic green one that looks almost black until the light hits it. Pretty cool for a non-stock color. And I've seen some two-tones on here that are bitchin too. Have we convinced you to paint the GN yet, Mike??

Paint it Matte Black

This is where I am leaning... after several years of black primer in a can it has grown on me.

"matte black"

flat-matte-black-bugati-veyron-1.jpg

Enjoy the example...

Duttweiler had a red one, right? From what I remember that thing really looked good..and stood out at the track. Kinda like Cottons orange one. Theres a local guy with a dark, dark metallic green one that looks almost black until the light hits it. Pretty cool for a non-stock color. And I've seen some two-tones on here that are bitchin too. Have we convinced you to paint the GN yet, Mike??

haha the car I was gona PAINT the guy selling it asking too much for what his car is,but I'm looking at a 6000-7000 mile GN which I will keep black:biggrin: