Vacuum/Wiring diagram?

...So I Tee into the vac line and run it to the switch(top or bottom port?), then from the other opening in the switch, to the canister right?

Yes, the line going to the distributor I think is the Edel carburetor's ported vacuum opening. Tee into it. Not sure which is the supply port on that switch, just use your vac pump and the idea I posted above. :cool:

Thanks Freddie:biggrin: Ill give it a shot... anything to save gave and the earth, without losing any HP... works for me:D

Ok, I got it today... now I need more hoses:rolleyes: I couldn't get this damn plug out, plus the switch doesn't even have threads anyway:mad: so I put it right on the radiator, fit right on... I don`t see why that wouldn't work.

sorry its so blurry, the zoom was going crazy.
1000962i.jpg

I bent an alen wrench trying to get this loose, I don`t have any alen sockets.
1000964.jpg

1000963s.jpg

1000965n.jpg

I got the vac switch hooked up a few days ago... I suppose its working lol:biggrin:
1000966i.jpg

The Tee into vac line
1000967.jpg

a wired thing I made to get the vac line to fit the can:biggrin:
1000969.jpg

Temporary carpet, $8 at Big Lots:biggrin:
1000971g.jpg

1000973u.jpg

1000974m.jpg

1000975y.jpg

Carb ?

Shouldn't these flaps open up when I hammer on the gas? cause they don`t move at all:confused: and what is the best way to get the broken air hat bolt out of the carb? I tried drilling it, but can`t keep it from drilling into the carb:mad:

1000548.jpg

You'll need to take the carb apart to take that bolt out. As far as plate, are you talking about the choke plate or the secondaries?

You'll need to take the carb apart to take that bolt out. As far as plate, are you talking about the choke plate or the secondaries?

Damn, I was trying to avoid doing that:( I`m not sure what the plate is for... I was thinking it had to do with the chock, but the big plate is for the choke. In the 9 or so years I`v had the carb, I never used the chock, even in winter and yes, I sometimes drive it in the winter:eek::biggrin:

Matt: Thanks, it will do for now... till I find some lighter seats for it, the then I will fix the interior up.

.....I couldn't get this damn plug out, plus the switch doesn't even have threads anyway:mad: so I put it right on the radiator, fit right on... I don`t see why that wouldn't work...

Lol!! That'll work, but that switch with no threads? Must be a universal switch of some kind. One thing is that on the canister the nipple with the CARB written on it is not the the one. That nipple is actually the purge line that is connected to the fuel bowl on a Q-jet. It's the small one that you wanna hook up to.

Lol!! That'll work, but that switch with no threads? Must be a universal switch of some kind. One thing is that on the canister the nipple with the CARB written on it is not the the one. That nipple is actually the purge line that is connected to the fuel bowl on a Q-jet. It's the small one that you wanna hook up to.

Oh ok:redface: What hooks up to the carb nipple then? Should I just block it off then?

Block it. Or if you have a nipple on the carb bonnet, (or air filter canister), attach a vacuum line and feed it to the 'CARB' port on the canister. Fuel vapors from the bonnet or air filter canister are sucked out and stored in the vapor canister. Then as I explained before, recycled and fed back into the carb.

Oh ok... yeah, I have a nipple on the aluminum extension. Thanks Freddie, I`m a newb to emission stuff... its the only thing old school racers don`t teach you:biggrin:

Oops...I forgot, if you put it on the carb bonnet/AF, you'll have to put a one way check valve on the vac line going to the CARB port.

Shouldn't these flaps open up when I hammer on the gas? cause they don`t move at all:confused: and what is the best way to get the broken air hat bolt out of the carb? I tried drilling it, but can`t keep it from drilling into the carb:mad:

Like the Q-Jet they open as a result of linkage and the secondaries opening up. It's been I while since I've played with the Edel carb. I'd have to dig up my old Carter AFB. But more than likely the carb linkage is improperly hooked up. I'll be honest with you, in this area you really have to be good to understand how to modify it to work. Hopefully someone with good knowledge of the Edel would step up to the plate. :(

Ok, ill pick up a check valve tomorrow then and I will look at the carb more too, see what makes it tick or not tick... my lifters do all the ticking:rolleyes:

Tbi

Ok, my friend said I can take whats left of the S10... the motor and rusty suspension is about all that is left:biggrin: I think its a 4.3 TBI anyway, unless someone swapped a carb into it. I will snag the TBI, wires, computer and fuel pump/sending unit... anything else I should look for? and if I tried to hook it up as a blow-thru, will it at least run?

As dumb as it may sound do some research in the chevy truck forums. They'll know more about the TBI than anyone.

Ok, my friend said I can take whats left of the S10... the motor and rusty suspension is about all that is left:biggrin: I think its a 4.3 TBI anyway, unless someone swapped a carb into it. I will snag the TBI, wires, computer and fuel pump/sending unit... anything else I should look for? and if I tried to hook it up as a blow-thru, will it at least run?

grab all the sensors.

Starter

I am at the point where I cant keep ignoring it... it used to scream when cranking it, now it jams and you have to keep tapping the key to get it loose:mad: I have heard the LS1 starter is smaller and will bolt right on?