Vacuum/Wiring diagram?

FlintBuick4Life

CHINAmerica...
Anyone have a B4B Vacuum/Wiring diagram:confused: or some good pictures?(Matt?:biggrin:) It has been about 10 years or so since I had the carb turbo setup together, I don`t remember what goes where:rolleyes: Doesn't the computer need a different distributor than a nos and N/A? Just trying to get it ready for when I find a carb. Here are some pics of where I`m at with it now:

1000912r.jpg

I believe this was my PEVR right? and I don't know what the wire in the pic is for or what it goes to?
1000907e.jpg

1000914e.jpg

1000911n.jpg

That's a HA or '86-'87 SFI turbine housing and elbow on that turbocharger, I see a heat shield mount too.
'78-'79 harness The 9o* wire connector goes to the knock sensor, the round 4 pin goes to the distributor.
That's not a PEVR in the pic and the wastegate actuator is in the wrong spot at least for drawthru.
also the flat 2 wire connector goes to the engine harness with same colored wires.

That's a HA or '86-'87 SFI turbine housing and elbow on that turbocharger, I see a heat shield mount too.
'78-'79 harness The 9o* wire connector goes to the knock sensor, the round 4 pin goes to the distributor.
That's not a PEVR in the pic and the wastegate actuator is in the wrong spot at least for drawthru.
also the flat 2 wire connector goes to the engine harness with same colored wires.

Yeah, that`s a '85 turbo and yes, there is a shield mount too. The wastegate is in the only spot that I could get it to fit right. That`s not the PEVR:eek: what was that then? the knock sensor? I just assumed it was the PEVR cause it was broken:biggrin:

are these the wires I need? I could never figure out how it connected, so I thought it went to something else:rolleyes:
1000919m.jpg

1000918kf.jpg

1000917o.jpg

Fuel line?
1000920l.jpg

Your holding the oil sending unit harness with three wires, it snaps around the sending unit.
Knock sensor is in the rear of the block by the bell housing.
The flared tube I'm thiking goes to the brake booster.
Looks like a broken vacuum switch on the intake manifold, not important.
You have the "turbo control center" box right?

Your holding the oil sending unit harness with three wires, it snaps around the sending unit.
Knock sensor is in the rear of the block by the bell housing.
The flared tube I'm thiking goes to the brake booster.
Looks like a broken vacuum switch on the intake manifold, not important.
You have the "turbo control center" box right?

Oh man that`s right, I feel like a retard lol... I forgot that I never put a oil sending unit back on when I rebuilt it. In my defense, it has been 10 years:biggrin: Those are the only wires that match the colors tho... but it has been chopped up by my uncle when he had it, so ill look more towards the firewall then. I know my '85 block has the knock sensor on the back, but I thought on the older ones it was on the intake or plenum? I have the control center, but it has a little chip that is split, so I will have to replace that if I end up using it. I would rather do a non computer setup really.

1000910n.jpg

the pevr is on the intake man jase. if you dont use the turbo controler box i will take it. i run my car with out a computer it just would be a nice thing to set up my car so it controled itself rather than me screwing with it.

One of Your capacitors is split, easy fix.

I'm not exactly sure where it is but there is a TWO wire connector somewhere on the engine harness and it has the same color wires and should be the mate to that connector off your turbo control center.
The early systems are basic 7 wires, 1 for the knock sensor/accelerometer, 4 for the distributor and the last 2 are in that connector.

Charlie: I sent him a message and asked him to join.

Matt: Will see what carb I end up with:biggrin: I looked at that diagram and most of that stuff I took out, so its kinda confusing.

Adam: Thanks. Ill have to look around and see if I can find it, I hope it didn't get cut off or something.

The knock sensor might be on the intake manifold's thermostat housing for a 1978/79 motor. If the block is a 1980 or later casting, it should have a hole for the knock sensor on the back of the block - this is a better location.

I knew it:biggrin: The block is a '79, no hole in back for knock and the other block is a '85 and of-course it has one.

WOW! This guy spent some $$$
.cardomain.com/ride/2115315[/url]

He sure did and it looks fantastic. Wish we could get him over here for a chat.

:biggrin:
ask and you shall receive!!!!!
whats up guys. that would be my car and yes indeed alot of $$$
names erik and shes a 87
thanks for the invite FB4L!

:biggrin:
ask and you shall receive!!!!!
whats up guys. that would be my car and yes indeed alot of $$$
names erik and shes a 87
thanks for the invite FB4L!

Welcome aboard Eric.:cool: I'l love to know more about your car. It looks great btw and I bet she moves really well. What did you do to the engine performance wise?

the engine in there right now is about 2 years old and everything was done by me in a carport
first engine i had in there i did just top end and not a whole lot of 'custom' stuff, i learned all the secrets after I did it, so this engine got the works.
this one is a whole new ball game:biggrin:

~honed and crosshatched the cylinders
~drilled out oil channels for better oil flow/psi
~honed the mains
~bearings are clev77, sept cam bearings are speedpro
~arp studs on mains, arp head and rod bolts
~speedpro rings
~connecting rods and pistons I lightened and balanced
~custom cam shaft, uhmm .450/.470 lift, 204*/214* dur and 112* lobe if i remmeber right, double roller timing chain
~heads were milled, bowl ported, smoothed, custom 4 angle valve job, bronze guides, titanium retainers, stronger springs
~edelbrock intake, mild gasket match and smoothing, bottom sprayed heat reflective white
~holley 600cfm w a small spacer
~swapped factory hei 7pin with HEI 4pin vac/weight advanced distributor, 50k volt coil
~1 5/8 long tube headers w 2.5 collectors
~true dual 2.5" exhaust, straight through mufflers, no cats, balance pipe
~big oil filter adapter (5.0 filter)
uuuhhmmmmm i dont even know what else
if i think of more ill put em up :cool:

oohhh yea, I built everything to really good tollerances, and compression is 9.5 so I can turbo it later...

Hey, welcome! Glad to see you joined. That thing is a beauty, especially for being a N/A:biggrin: Nice mods:cool: I have the same intake setup right now, but not for long;)