Urgent help needed with pistons.

Can you not use the Oliver rods blownv6 has with a thinner head gasket. Oliver are about as strong as you can possibly get for a steel rod.

Is .030 going to kill your CH that much? Those rods and a lower compression sound better to me than Carrillo non-HD rods...

I would reckon .030 is way to drastic for his tune. way too much work to re-align for 1 race...

id take the chance on the lightweight rod.

based off what you have successfully shown, im considering them myself.

How much compression do you lose from the piston sitting .030 (more) in the hole? I don't have a comp calc in front of me but my memory from ordering my custom JEs, it doesn't seem like it would kill it that much, but I could be wrong. .030 less CH/rod shouldn't require much in the way of "aligning" other than maybe having to throw a few more PSI at her???

I would be inclined to agree James but this is a way high HP build... there has to be more then just a few lbs of boost to make up the difference. Just looking at this from common examples... if it were that easy I would imagine we would have a lot more cars in this area.

Plus.... now he is loosing quench.... and that alone changes the entire engines attitude towards fuel and timing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

True AJ, you have a point. I just don't want to see him have a cool Stage II coffee table like I have. ;)

Like both of us! But I completely agree for not trashing the block, but maybe were not giving the light duty rods enough credit... but more they have a life cycle of where they work harden from the stress at the amount of power being tossed at them now, and any previous NASCAR or roundy round life they have had. I know my rods are used, and I'd like to maybe buy the damaged rod from this car to test its hardness and other data to see if a lifetime cycle can be determined and followed. I've managed to make many sets of used aluminum rods last when considered suicidal in other engines. Why can't we with steel rods and the Buick?

I received the rods today, I haven't checked them very thoroughly but at first glance they seem OK :)
About the wrist pins: they are .930; 2.500 long and weigh 122 grams.
Ross pistons part code is 930-04-25.
Ross doesn't have them in stock so need to find ones from some other place. If anybody has them then please let me know.

thanks
Veljo

I might be able to help with the Pins. How many do you need?