congrats to the post office

A2000RICH

Several months ago I shipped a forged rotating kit to someone in california. It was carefully packaged in two boxes. One box contained the pistons and rods and the other contained a crank and camshaft. They were packed so well that I had no concerns with handling damage but was concerned that it might get lost so I opted for insurance on each box. Several days later the notice came back showing that the packages had been delivered and shortly afterward the intended recipient said the they only got one box with pistons and rods. I did a search on line and tracked the shipment and sure enough only one package got to california. The other was delivered to somewhere in Kentucky. When I notified the post office they said that they would "look into it". Soon I got word that the package was actually delivered to a place in Kentucky but that the Post office had no authority or means to retrieve the package. My local postmaster told me that the recipient would probably send the package back when they realized that it was delivered by mistake. As you could imagine the person in california is patiently getting fed up with this entire display of postal efficiency. After all they just want to get an engine built. As for me neither of the packages belonged to me as I was just mailing a package for a friend that was selling the kit. Meanwhile we finally decided to file a "lost package claim". The post office replied that since the package had been "delivered" there was no basis for a claim. I replied that perhaps since they missed the delivery address by nearly 2000 miles that they should reconsider the disclaimer. Today I got a second and final rejection for an insured package claim. All is not lost. They said i could "appeal their decision". Government competence and efficiency at its best..........no wonder we are $20,000,000,000,000.00 in debt. Just think every person alive, man,woman and child in the US owes $67,000.00. Every family of 4 owes 268,000.00----enough to by a rather nice house in most communities.

Rich, I can identify w/ that nonsense....:(
Customer in AZ ships injs. Never arrive. 1 yr later, WALA, here they are. We got every excuse in the book, including "we tracked them to Rome, ITALY"!!
They were in a bag with USPS info indicating they had been in the Atl airport postal facility, the entire time.
W/ that kind of performance, I think I'll just refuse to pay my $67K.

No accountability, same thing that is wrong with the rest of the government!

That's a pretty big leap to go from a missing package to that's why we're in debt. Ultimately the system is going to rely on people, and people (yourself included) make mistakes. Yeah we could probably automate more things, but then people start to squeal about giving up our jobs. Have you tried stopping by your local Post Office? It's harder for people to be dismissive to you in person. Since your postmaster doesn't seem to be helping maybe you can try and call the Post Master where the package was delivered? Yeah it sucks jumping through these hoops, but shit's gonna happen when you're delivering mail to 300 million people.

I have a friend that worked briefly for the usps. If the regular delivery guy didn't feel like carrying a package he'd hide it and leave it for my friend to deliver on his day off. He also had worked for ups. The facility unloaded packages with a conveyer belt. Packages would fall off and get damaged or wet if it was raining. At the end of the shift they would throw them in bins. Who knows how long they'd sit in there.

Might not help but you can contact the Postmaster General's main office by calling the main United States Postal Service customer contact number, 1-800-ASK-USPS.

That's a pretty big leap to go from a missing package to that's why we're in debt. Ultimately the system is going to rely on people, and people (yourself included) make mistakes. Yeah we could probably automate more things, but then people start to squeal about giving up our jobs. Have you tried stopping by your local Post Office? It's harder for people to be dismissive to you in person. Since your postmaster doesn't seem to be helping maybe you can try and call the Post Master where the package was delivered? Yeah it sucks jumping through these hoops, but shit's gonna happen when you're delivering mail to 300 million people.

its not a leap at all........notice that i didn't fault them for losing the package............thats what insurance is for ............they are human and bound to make mistakes.....i can understand that with all the packages they handle------------nobody is perfect -----------visit my postmaster???------actually she is a postmistress or whatever they are called------of course i have ------several times ----------also been in touch numerous times with the postmaster in kentucky numerous times----and so has the person that owned this kit that i shipped the thing for in the first place---------want the number of either of the post offices??--------i'll give you the case number and their phone number and you can have as much fun as i have for the last several months----------what i am totally pissed at is that they have rejected the insurance claim since they "DELIVERED THE PACKAGE"......never mind that it went to the wrong address ......and refused my second filing as well............and i am just as confident that they will diss my final appeal............no leap at all ....its a baby step.....its TOTAL incompetence rampant throughout our entire government from the very top down to the last person...........over the last 20 years i have done millions of dollars in business with govt agencies and i have observed one thing---------less than 10% of the govt workers are worth a damn or have a clue what is going on

Sorry man I couldn't telepathically figure out you actually went to the post office instead of calling it, and know that you tried the postmaster in Kentucky. Just trying to throw some suggestions out there. I had a couple more thoughts, but I guess I'll keep them to myself in case you tried them already. Good luck.

In addition to that- i called my local postmaster which told me to contact consumer affairs:

filed a claim about this package with consumer affairs- they said to call the postal inspector:

postal inspector said they had no authority- contact the pitney Bose warehouse WHERE it was delivered to in Kentucky;

pitney said it was never delivered,said THE POST OFFICE made a mistake and MESSED UP EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE A NAME , DATE TIME AND LOCATION IT WAS DELIVERED TO! i asked "could you check receivings invoice for this day"- they said no .they said it was a stamped name since they receive tractor trailers full of mail they pick up themselves.
told me to file a claim- called back the post office they said the people that mailed it have to do so
called back consumer affairs about possible civil action, they told me to contact the boone county sheriffs office which quickly pointed me to the erlanger distinct attorneys office which said i should file a claim.

post office said- easier to pay you then to hold someone accountable and find package
(which is why you pay through the ass when shipping with them)govt office at its finest.

no
they are disputing because package was delivered, but not where it was supposed to go with the other one to California

Sounds like their "insurance" isn't worth the paper it's written on. The government at large and the post office in particular is in shambles full of apathetic and unqualified employees. I hope you get some kind of compensation but I fear you'll be waiting a long time.

Neal