Upper door panels

That's what I buy and use. I call it 1/8" hardboard, but I'm not sure if that's it's official name.

In the bathroom section you can get it with a fancy white cladding on one side. :)

It might not last that long though, I've only had it lining my entire '72 Dodge free-candy van since '91!

image.jpg
image.jpg
Not sure about those that want to tackle this, but I just had Boostjunkie do a set for me AND they came out phenomenal. Worth it so far!!!! Haven’t installed yet, but I see no reason for anything less but a perfect fit!

Trust me, they look great. The garage casts shadows, but the fabrics excellent, good quality and matches.

How much is the material per yard and does it come in black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to replace the plastic trim to the back of the door pull strap on an '87 GN and it looks like I'll need to remove the upper portion of the interior door panel. Not sure where to post my question and/or if there are any links to a "how to do" video? Can anyone direct me in the right direction? Thanks, Rick

Rick yes you need to remove the upper door panel the trim is mounted with speed nuts from the back side make sure to be careful when you install the new ones not to over tighten them they are plastic
1513448156216-2021164260.jpg

Nice job on the upper door panels boostjunkie, they look great. My upper door panels are just starting to tear a little bit now.

I call it 1/8" hardboard, but I'm not sure if that's it's official name.

Yep. 1/8 temp hardboard. Usually used for temporary protection on floors and other surfaces during construction renovation. Also known by it's brand name "Masonite".

That's what my upholsterer used.

So......I finally got both sides on and they look phenomenal. I damn sure was not about to attempt it myself 1) time and 2) ability. If you are thinking about doing this but are unsure that you can do it properly don’t try it is my suggestion. There are some things that you can hide but you see all of the upper door panel and I could not stand to see if it was not done properly. If anyone needs another pic from a different angle, please let me know as I would be happy to help.

Attachments

• EAC1D275-55C4-4A5F-B2F8-A4421EF206A7.jpeg
    EAC1D275-55C4-4A5F-B2F8-A4421EF206A7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 0B94AFAD-79E4-4F72-A7FC-28274DBEE9F8.jpeg
    0B94AFAD-79E4-4F72-A7FC-28274DBEE9F8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50