Upper door panels

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
instead of buying them, has anyone had any luck having them reupholstered?

instead of buying them, has anyone had any luck having them reupholstered?
I just re did these GN door panels with the new restoration paylex meterial
20171005_184341.jpg

I am doing a pair of Ttype door panels next week . I installed these GN panels on a parts car just to ck for fit and finish and they look good
20171005_145642.jpg

Last edited:
Boostjunkie, those look alot better than the ones i bought which look and fit like crap. Nice job there.

My upholsterer just made new panels from scratch. I guess yours could do the same if you supply him with the fabric. Mine were all screwed up and warped from multiple removals, stripped pull handle holes re-drilled and over-sized, and door panel retainer clip holes torn. I don't know how he did it. I think he reused the part that bends over the top near the window. But whatever he did.......it came out bad-ass!

My upholsterer just made new panels from scratch. I guess yours could do the same if you supply him with the fabric. Mine were all screwed up and warped from multiple removals, stripped pull handle holes re-drilled and over-sized, and door panel retainer clip holes torn. I don't know how he did it. I think he reused the part that bends over the top near the window. But whatever he did.......it came out bad-ass!
I'm doing the same with the custom panels for my Limited. Just using the metal top and cutting new door board.

Yeah, but without the holes.

I guess you could use pegboard if you already had some. Once they're covered you wouldn't notice.

Just have to lay it out so the holes aren't on the edges.

Last edited:
Thanks gonna try that .now where to find fabrics.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yeah, but without the holes.

I guess you could use pegboard if you already had some. Once they're covered you wouldn't notice.

Just have to lay it out so the holes aren't on the edges.
You don't use peg board or anything near it.
They make 1/8" Luan plywood or your local interior shop sells the actual cardboard door panel material. It's about 1/8" think posterboard.
No offense Earl....