Unethical Vendor

UL LOSE

Greetings All, This is my first post and perhaps my last if you don't like what I want everyone to know and cut me off. CAVEAT - BUYER BEWARE! Turbo Regal Custom Parts- Mark Hueffman - does NOT honor their guarantees and warranties. Namely, an expensive electric exhaust cutout that quit working after only 15-20 uses. It was mailed back to them per their instruction, and now they will not respond to all follow-ups. It has been three months. They have unlisted phone numbers so that should be a tip-off as well, indicating that they are unethical. PLEASE BEWARE.

I would like to hear the second half of this story from Mark. I have dealt with him on a number of occasions and he has always been a stand up vendor. His products are unique to the Buick TR community. He puts ALOT of R & D into his work. I guess I am just biased against someone with a huge total sum of "1" post against someone with years of dedictaion to us.:rolleyes:

I second that. I think there must be something else going on here. I have dealt with Mark also. Excellent to deal with.

At least have the courage to post your name. I have been doing this since 1999 and don't rip people off. I have an unlisted phone number because my business is home based and I do EVERYTHING by email. Just ask Kevin Williams who does our engraving. We have been working together since I started and we have only spoken on the phone ONCE!

Hopefully you will post back here with your name and I can get to the bottom of this. To all who have spoken up for me, a big thanks.

Turbo Regal Custom Parts- Mark Hueffman - does NOT honor their guarantees and warranties.

Namely, an expensive electric exhaust cutout that quit working after only 15-20 uses.

It was mailed back to them per their instruction,

and now they will not respond to all follow-ups.

It has been three months.

Are you saying you have had no communications in three months?

How many e-mails and/or how many letters have you
sent during these past 3 months that received no response?

Do you have copies of all e-mails, both sent and received?

Do you have the USPS receipt for the exhaust cut-out you returned?

What is the date on it? Was it sent "signature required"?

What is the tracking number from the exhaust cut-out you returned?

Need more information.

Going to search for any emails I got from you when I get home from the day job.

Just got off the phone with my supplier and he had your cutout but it was left at his old place of business. He just moved his whole operation to a new shop and it got lost in the shuffle.

A brand new cutout is going out the door today and as soon as I get a tracking number I will post it here for all to see.

Apologize for the delay but I sure as heck don't ignore my customers.

At least have the courage to post your name. I have been doing this since 1999 and don't rip people off. I have an unlisted phone number because my business is home based and I do EVERYTHING by email. Just ask Kevin Williams who does our engraving. We have been working together since I started and we have only spoken on the phone ONCE!

Hopefully you will post back here with your name and I can get to the bottom of this. To all who have spoken up for me, a big thanks.

Mark a TR Custom parts is an amazing vendor. He looks out for the best interest of his customers. Has been very helpful in the past. THANKS MARK!!!!:wink: :biggrin:

Great parts. Great support. Great guy.

Enough said.

I had one of his electric cutouts for 1 yr when it started making grinding noise and not closing properly, shipped it back to mark and within 1 week i had my new replacement cutout no questions asked. great vendor in my book and will buy from again.

My name is Buskirk. I didn't give it originally because it doesn't appear to be protocol on this site, most everyone likes to use their monikers.
In response to Mr. Armstrong, I DO have the e-mail stream, I DO have proof of delivery, (October 2007 - three months ago) and more, but all that will be moot because Mark has stated that a replacement will be shipped. I will advise when I receive it. Thanks much.

Kim Buskirk

Update!

I am only showing one email from you about this cutout. See below.

--------------------------

Hi Mark,
I bought your Electric Cutout in Oct 2005 and installed on my Grand
National. After about 60 miles, it has quit working (I only drive the car
50 miles a year or less).
It has voltage to it, checked with a meter, plus I can hear a little
solenoid or relay click when I press the rocker switch. The flapper was
fairly well corroded with exhaust rust so I soaked and cleaned the flapper
with penetrate, but no luck.
You e-mailed me once that it was guaranteed by the manufacturer for four
years as a response to my question about how hot the unit gets.

Where can I send it for repair or replacement?
-----------------------
Promptly answered the same day with this.
-----------------------
Send to:

Dave H
989 White Oak Rd
Cincinnati OH 45245

I will let him know you are sending it back.

Mark Hueffman
mhueffman@snet.net
TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, 94-6 Impala SS, 93-up F Body Cars, Olds G-Body Cars, Late Model Corvettes, S-10 Blazers - TURBO REGAL CUSTOM PARTS

----- Original Message -----
To: <mhueffman@snet.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 5:51 PM
Subject: Electric Exhaust Cutout

-----------------

Then sent my supplier this.

-----------------
Dave!

Couple things. This guy is sending a cutout back to you, having problems
with it.

ALSO! Would you be interested in donating a cutout for use on a giveaway
car that the TurboBuick.Com - The World Wide Web under BOOST! - Buick Grand National, GNX, T-Type message board is doing for Toys for Tots??
If you want I will go half with you? Let me know.

Mark Hueffman
mhueffman@snet.net
TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, 94-6 Impala SS, 93-up F Body Cars, Olds G-Body Cars, Late Model Corvettes, S-10 Blazers - TURBO REGAL CUSTOM PARTS

---------------
And yes, he donated half the cost of a cutout for the giveaway car.:smile:

---------------

I went thru all my emails and don't see me receiving or sending any other emails about this, though I did dump my deleted emails which were mostly spam, etc. I do keep all of my sent emails and there is nothing else going out to you. Maybe you were emailing my supplier who unfortunately rarely returns emails??? Anyway here is a tracking number for you. AND you are getting a NEW cutout.

16 Jan 2008 KIM BUSKIRK UPS Ground Service 1Z11Y587P299781114

---------------

Way to handle it Mark!

Dam very impressive! Wish all venders could learn from you.
When there is a problem or question of business practices,
TAKE CARE OF IT ASAP! Unlike other venders who can't admit
when their wrong, even when you have the EVIDENSE TO PROVE IT!
Ive been waiting for 3+ months to hear from a gbody vender.
Way to step up and handle business and program Mark.

I bought parts from Mark before, I am still happy with the service I received from him.
We had a disagreement on a part, but Mark took care of things with me and solved
all the problems right away. A++ for Mark and his efforts, at least from me that is.

XxDarkSidexX

I would just like to see the other emails from him as they seemed to have vanished here. Being 51 you tend to forget things now and then so who knows???

I have been a member of this board for a while now and I read all of the vendor feedbacks/problems/suggestions. I do so because I am myself a business owner of 20 years(drycleaner) and I like to see how people handle their complaints & compliments.

What I dont like is the way some people get on here and hang our vendors out to dry and sling mud so all can see without making every possible effort to contact that vendor and handle an issue in private. I can honestly say that almost all of these situations that have been presented on these boards, our vendors have handled them quickly and with class.

ULLOSE, if you couldnt reach him via email, send him a Private Message which is a function on these boards. Check Marks posts...he is on these boards almost every single day...he is gonna respond.

I am not saying problems shouldnt be aired out if you have a complaint but do your homework first. The bad/dishonest TR vendors have been weeded out of the TR community as far as I am concerned. (that also goes for any corrupt/badly run business) I just dont like to see hard working people get a bad rap when they dont deserve it.:) Calling someone "unethical" is a death sentence to a business owner and Mark is far from it.

Greetings All, This is my first post and perhaps my last if you don't like what I want everyone to know and cut me off. CAVEAT - BUYER BEWARE! Turbo Regal Custom Parts- Mark Hueffman - does NOT honor their guarantees and warranties. Namely, an expensive electric exhaust cutout that quit working after only 15-20 uses. It was mailed back to them per their instruction, and now they will not respond to all follow-ups. It has been three months. They have unlisted phone numbers so that should be a tip-off as well, indicating that they are unethical. PLEASE BEWARE.

I just went through the exact same thing with my cut out not working.

However, instead of bashing, I emailed Mark about it and he replied his vendor (DMH Performance) was moving from one location to another. I also talked to DMH Performance directly and he told me he had my part, and would be getting it out soon (which he did).

Mark - I'll be sending money your way sometime soon on something else I really don't need but just have to have (a new dashboard plaque comes to mind!). I am very happy with your products, support, and the neat stuff you make for our cars. I hope you keep doing what you are doing!

Buskirk - Mark puts out some amazing stuff and is a great asset to our very small community. Please work with him instead of bashing one of our innovative vendors - he will help you out just like he did me.

What I dont like is the way some people get on here and hang our vendors out to dry and sling mud so all can see without making every possible effort to contact that vendor and handle an issue in private. I can honestly say that almost all of these situations that have been presented on these boards, our vendors have handled them quickly and with class.

Well almost all ;) but not quite

The bad/dishonest TR vendors have been weeded out of the TR community as far as I am concerned. (that also goes for any corrupt/badly run business)

Again well almost all, but not quite yet. To be honest I dont think we can
get them all. They will always be around, and if you pop one, 3 more show up.

I would just like to see the other emails from him as they seemed to have vanished here. Being 51 you tend to forget things now and then so who knows???

Well w/e, you stepped up and took care of your issue ASAP to the best of your ability and I want to say THANKYOU for that! AS All venders should; seriously it should be a rule here. IN FACT, I honestly beleive that venders need to sign some sort of a business practicing contract before they are allowed to become venders here. This way if a vender is practicing illegally or non ethically (and people like me or you can PROVE it) then according to the paper work they signed, we could have a bais for a lawsuite in the worst case. Best case would be just get them removed from this board period! Thus they are bond to play by the rules, not bond to abuse them for a profit, which kills my heart and mind not to mention my spirit. If vender rules were setup right, it is my opinion at least 50% of vender/customer issues would be dead in its tracks.

Again just my 2 cents though, and souly the opinion of myself. Way to do your best to solve an issue Mark, keep up the good work!

I have been a member of this board for a while now and I read all of the vendor feedbacks/problems/suggestions. I do so because I am myself a business owner of 20 years(drycleaner) and I like to see how people handle their complaints & compliments.

ULLOSE, if you couldnt reach him via email, send him a Private Message which is a function on these boards. Check Marks posts...he is on these boards almost every single day...he is gonna respond.

I am not saying problems shouldnt be aired out if you have a complaint but do your homework first. The bad/dishonest TR vendors have been weeded out of the TR community as far as I am concerned. (that also goes for any corrupt/badly run business) I just dont like to see hard working people get a bad rap when they dont deserve it.:) Calling someone "unethical" is a death sentence to a business owner and Mark is far from it.

What he said!:D

Every good business owner will have their bad day...how it's handled is what counts. And it looks like Mark is doing a fine job handling it.:cool:

Being a machinist/CNC Programmer/custom automation builder/integrator and mechanical/CAD/CAM designer, I can tell you that this kind of design will have inherent problems that wont be easy to remedy. The seal between the flapper and the pipe flange needs to be really tight to prevent an exhaust leak. An exhaust system, especially an area so close to the motor which is super hot, will tweak and warp. Trying to keep the flapper sealed after the exhaust starts warping is not easy. Top it off with the fact that, if the assembly isnt actuated frequently, carbon and rust and God knows what, will build up on the inner pipe walls, along the path of movement for the flapper. If it hasnt been actuated in awhile, and you have rust and other buildup, and you turn it on, the motor has to overcome all that resistance while the flapper scrapes away all that buildup. If it has to do it too many times, the motor can burn out, or the flapper simply seizes in the hole after you have warpage and soot and rust etc...You cant just increase the clearance between the disk and pipe because there will be exhaust leaks. The fact that he replaces these units for free says to me he's a good guy and is losing his butt every time he has to do it. I'd say that if the unit is properly wired (not spliced and twisted together at the ends by hand and covered with electrical tape...but soldered and shrink tube'd), and if its actuated frequently, they will probably never go bad.
Theres a design in my head that would remedy all the above issues and problems, but I wont post it here.

Don't really get many returns on these actually. But if a car is driven less than 50 miles a year as this customer does, would probably be better if he left it cracked open a bit when he shuts it off.