sad day, Kirban lost a customer

Very well put! I think that alot of vendor should think twice before loosing a customer. It's the same for us as it is for them, without us they would not have the service. It's that simple. It's to bad some of the vendors have the attitude to tell you to go some where else " BRASS BALL" I think most of you can relate to some of the vendors on here that beat your name into the ground just because you posted that you had a problem with there services. Some people never learn. It's been like this for year and it is only getting worse. There is always someone else that is going to start up and supply the parts that we need. Out with the old and in with the new.;)
------------------------------------
No, there is not always some one else that will start up and supply the parts that we need. This is simply just not true. It is virtually impossible to maintain a business the size of Kirban Performance and keep everyone happy. Keep in mind that not all customer complaints are not exactly as they seem. The loss of any vendor, especially the loss of a supporting vendor would be a tremendous loss to the TurboBuick community.

I'm not too happy with Kirban lately either. I ordered two items from them, and when I got my package, only one item was in the box. I contacted them right away to let them know it was missing, and I got a response that the 2nd item was on backorder and would be shipped soon.

The green paper they send along with the invoice that states all their policies says "any item not available for immediate shipment will be indicated by the letters B/O". This is not indicated on my invoice for the missing item, so I have no reason to believe that it's actually back-ordered. I've been billed for my full purchase and still don't know where this second item is.

just a week or so ago, i saw a lot of posts thanking dk for many years of helpful service to most of us. i used to work for one of our vendors, trust me, these folks can and do have a life after the buick is parked. same family issues most of us have on top of trying to rebuild cars over the phone,find new ,better quality parts to sell us,drive across two states for a parts car i would not have gave a piece of half chewed bubble gum for, so he could have the used parts some of us need to keep the buick mobile instead of rusting in the back yard.buicks just dont look good with weeds up to the door handles because nobody has parts. just keep these things in mind when a vendor seems to have an attitude or seemingly went out of his way to nail you for a few bucks because he "just did not have anything better to do"....

I payed for 2 day shipping "not from Kirban "and have the item show up at my door a week later...I'm guessing it was on back order" I never got an email...call....etc..
It go's both ways.....they need us and we need them.....But who needs the other more?........That the big question...

i have ordered a ton of parts from them as well, and had zero problems whatsoever, though, I always thought it was a genuine rule, that if you screwed up the advertised price, you had to give it to em at that price. It's a rule here in michigan I can tell you that. Though even if it wasn't, and you messed up a price, and got a customer to bite cuz of it, and then you called em back and said "woops, sorry, thats not really the price." I consider that bad sportsmanship in a way. You messed up, and got him to order that part at that price, give it to him. Quit trying to *** someone down 9 bucks or whatever. Gimme a break. You're a big business owner, callin someone up tellin them they messed up and that they have to charge you more? Thats TOTALLY unprofessional. I'd either make the data entry person pay for that mistake, or suck it up myself for not doublechecking my own employees work. Then again, 14 years in the army combat arms makes us VERY accountable for our EVERY action. BAR NONE. People out here aren't soo accountable I see....

I agree with you 110% here. Everyone is praising Kirban for being nice enough to notify the customer that they wanted more money for the shipping.... BS. You don't contact a customer after a sale and ask for more money due to a mistake in YOUR pricing structure. If it isn't Kirban's fault that the shipping rate went up, it sure as hell isn't the customers fault.

Just because Turbo Buick vendors are supplying a select group of customers with harder-to-find parts doesn't mean we should tuck our tails between our legs and deal with less-than-perfect service in fear of angering them. They supply our parts, and we hand over our hard-earned money, that's all we owe them. We shouldn't have to cut them extra slack when we aren't satisfied with the service or feel guilty for complaining.

That's my two cents. As a mechanic I learned from day one that if a job ends up costing more or you need to order an extra part, you sure as hell aren't going back to the customer after the fact and asking them for more money. In this case Kirban could afford to dish out the 9 dollars and apologize for not having accurate shipping rates displayed on their website rather than asking the customer to pay more, that's just rude.