Under boost, loud pop!

I had this very same problem and its was my MAF anything over 1/2-3/4 throttle it would POP and fall on its face. Anything under that it ran great and drove fine.

Just ohmed out the coil..it checks ok for now.
He is going to regap the plugs because he just installed them out of the box so they are probably why high.
and check the MAF.

Open up the Translator and verify all settings. I wonder if anyone local has a MAF to borrow. I took a ride with him, doesn't feel like ignition to me

Coil and Module tight to the intake and grounded?
MAF is dropping out on you...Bad!
Get a used MAF from the 3.1 GM in the boneyard. $17. I used one for years.

the ign module/coil bracket was kinds loose..missing 1 nut i believe.
Bad! I had that happen to me before. Crazy loud pop after swapping my coil and module to a friends car to see if it helped his. Needs to be secured by all 3.

When that happened to me it was a dead spot on the TPS sensor. I wasn't able to open the file but check the TPS volts when the pop occured.

I'm not sure if it was the coil, module, spark plug gap, or missing bolt holding the coil down, but I fixed/Replaced it all. It runs incredible now, just have a little turbo lag, but I can live with that. I just have to get the rocker adjusted and exhaust leak fixed and I should be good to go :) Thanks for all of the help!!

Glad it's fixed. If the 49 is laggy then you have a fueling issue or that new off brand converter is not working very well.

So I did some research (on here) and adjusted the rockers. They sound better. The car ran for about 1 minute, then shut off. I traced the probelm down to the fuel pump not coming on. Its got power to the Racetronix relay that the hotwire kit cam with, but thats where it ends. Is the relay bad or should I look for another problem. Ive never had a issue with it before now. As a side note I unplugged the orange ECM wire coming off of the battery while I adjusted the rockers so the engine would turn over but not start, I hope the didnt screw anything up.

no you did not but remember when I had you pull fuel out of it because your not running full boost???? that will be reset now