Ugly Piston. OK to use?

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
I'm freshening up an old engine that I used to run in the early 2000's. #3 developed a coolant leak in the intake port back in the day and passed some coolant through this one. The ring land is not pinched so I'm planning to re-use this slug with some fresh rings. Any worries? I think it's ugly, but just cosmetic.
image.jpg

Pay extra close attention to the pin fit in the wrist pin/ bores.
Since the pin fit is the closest tolerance on the piston [less than .001]
if there was any change in the piston structure you may see it in pin bore tightness
and the holes may need opened up a fuzz.
Since the rings grooves checked out I would run it.

Piston feels good on the pin. But funny you should mention the pin bore. When this piston set was brand new one of the pin bores needed to be honed. One of em wasn't moving smoothly.

Piston feels good on the pin. But funny you should mention the pin bore. When this piston set was brand new one of the pin bores needed to be honed. One of em wasn't moving smoothly.
As long as the ring groove dimensions did not change and pinch the ring....Put it together and dont look back.:)
And like turbo nasty suggested you may want knock off the sharp edges on the valve reliefs...
What brand pistons are those and did the valve reliefs come on them or were they added?

they are an old set of diamonds as they came out of the box. I put quite a few miles on them. The car ran 10.50's back then on gas/alky.

Glas beading........DO NOT blast the skirts or the ring grooves. Tape it up w/ duct tape.
Glas beads will imbed in the skirts, grooves, and u know what that means.
We had a valve failure on a BBC w/ titanium valves. The valves were beaded, washed, installed. A short time later, tons of smoke. The glas dust had been driven into the stems, and that destroyed the guides. A microscopic inspection showed what had happened. The stems had whiskers!:(