Tweeter Placement in a Turbo Regal

Nothing like this. This is a completley HAND mane fiberglass item. We have spent ALOT of time getting correct tweeter placement into the mold as well. The first prototype was done without the 6 1/2" pod enclosed. But we decided to go ahead and enclose it so would elminate the need for dyno mat in the doors for the average guy. I will post up some pics friday if possible:biggrin:

Price will start under $200, any increase would come in the finish. We may even sale the non finished sets for under $175. Best part is each one will be handmade right here in NC! So anything more custom is always an option. We are trying to get the power 6 logo in the mold now as well:)

I for one am anxious to see what you have. I have some 61/2 Focals sitting in a box just begging to go into the GN. I just do not like the kick panel option because you have to relocate the ECM. It also forces you to bend the E brake lever. Anyway if you have figured out a way to get them in the door this is exciting news.

Yeah the are complete lower door panels, not kick panels (sorry if I said that)...

There willl be no wood, all fiberglass.

check my sig for cardomain.
Tweets work well in the pillars (a little below eye level)...we tried them here in my car for a while. Not there now.

check my sig for cardomain.
Tweets work well in the pillars (a little below eye level)...we tried them here in my car for a while. Not there now.

After installing all of that dynomat it must be as quiet as a Lexus going down the highway. Do you hear any road noise?
Looks like you did a very professional job on the entire install. Is this what you do for a living or did you get help?

Yeah the are complete lower door panels, not kick panels (sorry if I said that)...

There willl be no wood, all fiberglass.

Shane,

Any updates on those enclosures? I am anxious to see your design and the price sure sounds right.

It's not Lexus quiet by any means but it is significantly quieter. Believe it or not...the 52 sq ft of Dynamat Xtreme weighed less than the carpet pad and sound deadening panels under and behind the back seat did. Nice.
Also, I own a transportation company...all I had time to do was tune the car....which is very involved to say the least. Todd Crowder with TC Audio and Music Mart did the install for me. TC Audio.

...and, thank you very much for the compliments. We didn't want to take away from the theme of the car...just add to it without destroying it.

Believe it or not...the 52 sq ft of Dynamat Xtreme weighed less than the carpet pad and sound deadening panels under and behind the back seat did. Nice.TC Audio.

That is impressive! My first thought was all of the extra weight that must have added to the car.

...and, thank you very much for the compliments. We didn't want to take away from the theme of the car...just add to it without destroying it.

You are welcome!:D

Shane,

Any updates on those enclosures? I am anxious to see your design and the price sure sounds right.

I should have some pics within a week. This will be the first design. I will post pics and see what ideas anyone may have. I have seen them already and they look AWESOME!!!!!

Well post em up! :) I took the tweets out of the car cause they bothered me on the dash and I dont want to cut the door panels yet! :cool:

I should have some pics within a week. This will be the first design. I will post pics and see what ideas anyone may have. I have seen them already and they look AWESOME!!!!!

Excellent, I am looking forward to seeing the final product!

Im moving right along on the rest of the install....... must have pics of lower door panels! :biggrin:

dsc01267gy0.jpg

dsc01265je3.jpg

some of my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_5166.jpg
    IMG_5166.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 338
  • 08-17-07_1348.jpg
    08-17-07_1348.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 08-17-07_1349.jpg
    08-17-07_1349.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 323
  • 08-17-07_1350.jpg
    08-17-07_1350.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 337
Alright, another Rockford Guy! Hey, do you have pictures of the drivers side kick pod? Very interested to see that side and how everything fits. I like the sub enclosure, looks great man..... are you still running rear speakers?

I sell Rockford;)
no pic of the drivers side kick,car is stored away........had to move the emerg brake alittle (i never use the e-brake anyway).
yes I have some 4x10 under deck for rear fill.box is sealed to the cabin,no bass in the trunk.also,box is sealed with plexi (plexi is too clear in the pic).very hard box to build ,but sounds good.no mods to car:biggrin:
future plans include a fiberglass trim panel in the trunk instead of the black carpted pieces, and painted to match the car's paint job.
just dont have time to work on my own car:eek:

Sweet man, my setup is a little more basic, with a little more old school equipment. Heres my progress for the evening, even with 4 hrs with no power!

dsc01285pr3.jpg

looking good.the old rockford is hard to beat....i saw a pic of another setup with a t1 or t2 sub in this tread,is that your car also?

Yes, T1 10" in a vented enclosure tuned to 38 hz, 500m running it mono 2 ohms. That setup is in my GN, and that car is ALL FOSGATE.:cool: The WE4 is going to be my new daily driver, Im using PowerBass (cheap decent equipment) speakers and sub, and old school Fosgate amps that I had laying around.

SGRIM, pics! I know your busy :) :) :)

for good equalized sound (right to left) try getting the tweeters as far away as possible from you in the car, so the distance from left to your head is as equal as right tweet to your head as possible. Equalization in path length will certainly help get a more natural feel, and and will not effect volume of the tweet. The kicks are generally the best place to gain the distance and equalize the paths, but the angle needs to be considered as well.
For most ppl wanting some tick/hiss with their bump, any placement is fine, but off a windshield will seem louder in perception, and seems to create a broad stage. Also, killing the rear tweets in a coax, and running as a mid bass only will add the effect of a strong front stage, like you are having a concert on the dash.(vs the 70s when you loaded the rear shelf w/ 6x9"s and it sounded like you were at a concert w/ you back to the stage) I have seen many installs that looked and sounded great. Try looking at some like Tim Bailey's regal on hzemall.com, he did tweets in the pillars behind custom grilles, and the look better than OEM.
sorry if I rambled around, its hard to not be an audiophile all the time, and just create music reproduction.

Greg, that is awesome info. I really like that grey regal. Im pretty sure that car was originally an Xtant vehicle? Not sure, looks all MTX now. Pretty cool the way they did the tweeters in the A-pillar. Id just be worried about clearance behind it and of course gauges on the drivers side! :)

Funny how you talked about staging. I actually like more rear fill than front! However, I like the front to sound "full" as well. This is why Im debating the kick pods, or making door pods, etc. Still debating!