tv suggestions

yea it wouldn't power back up, it was on then shut off power supply went bad got it fixed at work.

Whew! Now I can stop worrying about my LG blowing up! Very glad you found the problem! I'm relieved.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I still have a Mitsu 73 DLP. I replaced the bulb twice. The color wheel transmission was replaced under warranty and the color was never right. I took it apart and the color wheel was installed wrong and rubbing.I orderd a new wheel and installed it myself. Not a fun job
Samsung sucks. I bought a $2500 fridge and it made noise from day one. They told me it was the ice maker. I never even hooked it up. Then it started freezing up. Thats not covered under warranty? It needed a updated heating element extension. They wanted 500 to fix. I did it myself for 80 dollars. This is less than a year old at the time. The noise was the fan hitting the ice. Never again!

Doesn't look like instro84 needs a tv now but I would buy whatever CNET recommends.

I still have a Mitsu 73 DLP. I replaced the bulb twice. The color wheel transmission was replaced under warranty and the color was never right. I took it apart and the color wheel was installed wrong and rubbing.I orderd a new wheel and installed it myself. Not a fun job
Samsung sucks. I bought a $2500 fridge and it made noise from day one. They told me it was the ice maker. I never even hooked it up. Then it started freezing up. Thats not covered under warranty? It needed a updated heating element extension. They wanted 500 to fix. I did it myself for 80 dollars. This is less than a year old at the time. The noise was the fan hitting the ice. Never again!

And I thought I had bad luck....that's terrible for you.....don't know how you kept your cool. But good job on the repair...at least you showed them. And I hope you'll have better luck with things like this in the future.

Bruce '87 Grand National

My Samsung 55 led smart tv is getting dark spots around the edges and lines across it and isnt 3 years old. Glad i got the warranty as the whole panel needs replacing. Getting a lg 4k as a warranty replacement. I will saythat targets extended warranty company is a total cluster f#!k! But hopefully will get a new one next week.

Still love my 6 year old LG 60" plasma. Movie picture quality in thd dark is awesome. And as far as refresh plasma is equivalent to like 600hz. Marketing BS sucks. They led consumers to believe LCD and LED was superior to plasma when it wasnt and was more expensive. They've gotten better though

My dad finally upgraded and got a 65" Samsung 4K LED. Nice picture AFTER you DISABLE AutoMotion. That stupid "feature" makes TV look horrible and makes subjects appear to float in front of their background. Almost like the whole scene shot in front of green screen.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Just got a 65" LG ultra 4k tv a few months ago, prices have dropped quite a bit on these TV's. The picture quality is amazing on this tv.
I also have a 60" Vizio tv that I've had for about 5 yrs. Just had to replace the power supply board in that one a few weeks ago. Alls good now.
Had to replace the power supply board because it had a humming sound that drove me nuts!