tv cable

hiboom

Hiboom
does anyone know the proper length of the tv cable bought one from highway stars that's 31" for some crazy i thought they were supposed to be 36"

I'll look when I get home if no one else posts. We are out at the moment.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I replaced mine over year ago and highway stars sent me one that was too short. If I measure that one from where the bolt is fasten to the transmission hole, and where the other end connects to the Throttle body bracket, the measurement is 31". ( the cable housing was too short)
He then sent me the correct replacement and that one fit perfect, but I don't have that measurement since it's already mounted.
You check and see if the cable fits on the Throttle body bracket, wraps around on top of the transmission and then see if connects to the transmission end, and if it's too short then tell him and he sent you the correct one.
I hope this help and if not then I maybe someone can chime in.

I replaced mine over year ago and highway stars sent me one that was too short. If I measure that one from where the bolt is fasten to the transmission hole, and where the other end connects to the Throttle body bracket, the measurement is 31". ( the cable housing was too short)
He then sent me the correct replacement and that one fit perfect, but I don't have that measurement since it's already mounted.
You check and see if the cable fits on the Throttle body bracket, wraps around on top of the transmission and then see if connects to the transmission end, and if it's too short then tell him and he sent you the correct one.
Well that's just great The buick gods are pissed at me for some reason.It started out as a nice easy transmission convertor swap in a heat garage with a nice 2 post lift but with parts not showing up and wrong parts being sold I'm going to end up on my back in the snow in 10 degree weather trying to install this thing what a night mare.Well i thought I'd make the best of it while I was waiting for my parts to show and install my new fuel pump and sending unit until I noticed a wet spot on my tank and a hair line crack in my tank .AND TO TOP IT OFF HIGHWAY STARS IS CLOSED TILL JAN 2 sorry for yelling

Last edited:
anyone have the correct length tv cable they would like to sell so I can get this thing going.I don't want to reuse the cheap universal one TIA ! pm me please.

I'm pretty sure on the length I've got 2 of the wrong length and measured the original that got broken when the trans was removed sorry id love to buy from h but being Christmas and all I can't afford his prices plus I've already bought a new one from Highway stars but have no way to contact them and get the correct replacement one so whatever I do I'm out double the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree Christmas time all is expensive, but you can still buy it from Kirban and get the correct replacement from Highway Star and keep it as spare or sell it back on board[/quote]

Last edited:
I do agree Christmas time all is expensive, but you can still buy it from Kirban and get the correct replacement from Highway Star and keep it as spare or sell it back on board
[/quote]
Nothing against Kirbans but 80.00 for a tv cable is a little much

I do agree, but sometime in situation one can't complain when one needs the part as of now or wait until Highway Stars opens in January.
If you don't need the car as a daily use or just in time for winter storage then wait, or hope someone has a brand new one to sell you, as I won't buy and/or put a used one.

I'm really not mad about it and I don't drive the car in the winter I just hate tying up the lift waiting on a part I thought I all ready had sometimes I'll buy parts and not use them or need for months but like to have them on hand when I do need them.my cars at a friends shop and doesn't have a problem with me being there and is very understanding I don't like leaving my car somewhere where there is a lot of people coming in and out seems like something always happens gets scratched that sort of thing.it wouldn't be that big of deal just using the universal one I have on my other transmission except the guy that rebuilt the transmission I'm using is adamant about me setting the tv cable with the pan off so it would be a hassle having to do it twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what happen to me when I was replacing the transmission and the old TV detent cable housing was okay, but the inner wire cable felt like it was rubbing or binding somewhere inside the housing. I did notice after receiving the replacement the TV cable was too short and Highway Stars replaced it with the correct one.
I made the adjustment by using the "GM recommended" setting
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/transmission/tvcable.html

Me personally, I have a problem leaving my TR in other places besides my own garage, too many thing can happen, even if it's a little thing, but then again that's me.

Yea I'll just bite the bullet and buy one.And as soon as highways stars is up and running i'll deal with them .That's the way I always set it ,but this local guy that rebuilt it said the only way you can be 100% sure is to physically observe the cable starting to move the throttle valve takes 2 people one on top with cable adjustment and one under the car.He couldn't understand why you would want to do it any other way since you had the pan off anyway .the other way allway worded for me.??

Well I have to say I put my foot in my mouth his time HIGHWAY STARS contacted me today even though they are shut down till Jan 2 told me that I purchased the other cable in 2011 (wow time flies) said they had a few that were the wrong length said I must have received one.Sent me out the correct one today .I don't know what to say I was almost speechless I should've given them a chance to respond but I jumped the gun .All I can do is apologize for my rude behavior and thank HIGHWAY STARS for being a stand up ventor in the turbo buick community and will be getting a lot more of my business in the future.THANKS AGAIN

Well I have to say I put my foot in my mouth his time HIGHWAY STARS contacted me today even though they are shut down till Jan 2 told me that I purchased the other cable in 2011 (wow time flies) said they had a few that were the wrong length said I must have received one.Sent me out the correct one today .I don't know what to say I was almost speechless I should've given them a chance to respond but I jumped the gun .All I can do is apologize for my rude behavior and thank HIGHWAY STARS for being a stand up ventor in the turbo buick community and will be getting a lot more of my business in the future.THANKS AGAIN
Those guys rock!

Glenn (Highway Stars) is one of the few vendors that goes out of his way to help his clienteles and friends; that's why a few years back I spend over $2,000 just for spring maintenance and some upgrades.

Glenn (Highway Stars) is one of the few vendors that goes out of his way to help his clienteles and friends; that's why a few years back I spend over $2,000 just for spring maintenance and some upgrades.
well you can bet that's where my money will go!! I got a little over zealous when my emails were returned (his email box was full) and I didn't think he received my phone message do to the shut down but he acknowledged that he had received both I was kind of embarrassed I let my emotions get the best of me between the converter failure the tranny rebuild and leaking gas tank was a bit much all in the same day just going to delay my motor build for a couple of months