Tv cable problems

Futwa

my trans doesn't spew fluid out when i drive now but i have a whole new set of problems...first off, when i put the shifter into first and attempt to hold it in gear it will spend another 1/2 to 1 secs in the gear after i have already moved the shifter to the 2nd gear. Second, my trans seems to let go at the top of second....now i'm still trying to work out some kinks, and this could be caused my lack of fluid right? i'm running a lokar dipstick and i've heard these things are not to be trusted so i've added about 6.45 quarts so far and i have an art carr deep pan with a 10" converter. I also think that the problems may be linked to improper tv cable adjustment and i'm fiddling with that right now....and suggestions guys?? btw my cable does not have the button on the top of the cable like most do, it uses kind of like a push in mechanism that locks the cable into place...

How long are you holding it in 1st, what speed and rpm? What do you mean "2nd lets go at the top"? and not sure about the cable button of which you speak, most have a "D" shaped tab you depress to release the lock.

anytime i hold it in first and shift, it takes a while for the trans to react....if i shift at 3000rpm the trans will shift at say 4000rpm and so on. The trans feels like it is not engaged in the upper rpm range in second gear. and i used to have the tv cable of which you speak, but when time came to buy a new one the one i got had a different design...instead of pushing the button i push in two tabs and then i can adjust the cable like i want it..