Turbo Tweak chip(s) and T+

MyBoosta

More Boost = More Love!
Hello all,

Can some one please tell me if it is possible to have both a TT chip combined with a T+?

I like the flexibility of the T+. Meaning, if you get a dose of bad gas, then just turn down the fuel and timing dials. But if you decide to throw in some racing gas, then you can turn up the timing and fuel dials.

I'm using it right now.. car seemed to run fine.

It's not drivin yet, but I took it around the block and it went good.

T+ and alchy TT chip.

Fiddled with the base timing on the T+ but didn't actually see it change on Direct scan... but only went like 2-4° and didn't really mess with it. I'll really get er dialed in before I start driving it.

I'm using it right now.. car seemed to run fine.

It's not drivin yet, but I took it around the block and it went good.

T+ and alchy TT chip.

Fiddled with the base timing on the T+ but didn't actually see it change on Direct scan... but only went like 2-4° and didn't really mess with it. I'll really get er dialed in before I start driving it.

Direct Scan wont show the timing changes made by the T+. Direct Scan is only a data logger reading what's being commanded by the ECM.
T+ intercepts the timing signals leaving the ECM and then changes them.

Direct Scan wont show the timing changes made by the T+. Direct Scan is only a data logger reading what's being commanded by the ECM.
T+ intercepts the timing signals leaving the ECM and then changes them.

DOH!!! I should've known that...

So, Now I know to + or - what DS says with what the T+ is set at.

Thanks Dave!!

The timing adjustment in the T+ will work with the TT chip, although the chip already has adjustable timing built in. If you make a timing adjustment using the chip features, it will show up on DS.

However, the T+ WOT fuel adjustment will have no affect with a TT chip. Again, the chip already has those functions built in. If you need to add or subtract WOT fuel, just use the chip fuel adjustment.

Regards,
Eric

The timing adjustment in the T+ will work with the TT chip, although the chip already has adjustable timing built in. If you make a timing adjustment using the chip features, it will show up on DS.

However, the T+ WOT fuel adjustment will have no affect with a TT chip. Again, the chip already has those functions built in. If you need to add or subtract WOT fuel, just use the chip fuel adjustment.

Regards,
Eric

Cool thanks Eric.

So is that simple (I can still adjust the timing but not the fuel) and that's fine. If push ever came to shove, I would just fatten her up through the FPR under the hood.

Cool thanks Eric.

So is that simple (I can still adjust the timing but not the fuel) and that's fine. If push ever came to shove, I would just fatten her up through the FPR under the hood.

No, Eric said that although the T+ WOT fuel adjustments wont work, his chip does have WOT fuel adjustability.

Something I just thought of...

Any timing changes made in the T+ will still be there if the ECM is reset or the battery disconnected.

When timing is adjusted in the chip, it needs to be re-programmed back in every time the ECM loses power.

The fueling issue is moot, as it's only adjustable via the chip.

Something I just thought of...

Any timing changes made in the T+ will still be there if the ECM is reset or the battery disconnected.

When timing is adjusted in the chip, it needs to be re-programmed back in every time the ECM loses power.

The fueling issue is moot, as it's only adjustable via the chip.

Just wondering about this myself. The chip works on the assumption that the pressure at the rail is set at 43.5#s. If you were to increase it, wouldn't that add more fuel? As the chip has no way of measuring actual flow to the injectors. Or would doing that just throw everything off?