Turbo size

lee01

1GR8MMBR
I did a search and read alot, but i'm more lost then ever.

I bought my GN modified, now I would like to confirm what turbo I got.

Cold side A/R 60 M24 Garrett
Hot side A/R 63 Garrett

The turbo look fairly new and I want to make sure what I have and be able to properly tune the rest.

1003-2.jpg

I came up with a PTE45, anyone could confirm or point me in the right direction??

I think it would be impossible to tell without finding some other markings on it..... you might even have to remove it and carefully measure the compressor and turbine wheels.... both inducer and exducer sizes.... which requires removal of both housings.......to gain access to the wheels....

HTH

I think it would be impossible to tell without finding some other markings on it..... you might even have to remove it and carefully measure the compressor and turbine wheels.... both inducer and exducer sizes.... which requires removal of both housings.......to gain access to the wheels....

HTH

:eek: oh! don't feel like removing it right now....
I guess i'll just enjoy it :D

That could very possible be a TE-45 turbo from Limit Engineering. Where did you get that part number? (PTE45) Because, Precision Turbo & Engine has never officially made a turbo called PTE45. The 45 designation originated from Limit Engineering as the TE45, sometimes called the TE-45.

If it is infact a TE45 turbo, it should have a 63mm compressor wheel and a 76 P-trim turbine wheel. Capable of supporting 650 flywheel hp when maxed out with the TO4E style compressor cover. (3" inlet, 2" discharge) It could come with a machined Garrett .63 A/R turbine housing, or a Precision .63 A/R turbine housing. It typically needs a converter that can stall to 3400-3500, and has pushed many full weight, properly built Buicks into the 10 second range without too much hassle. I ran one back in '98 myself on my old White Limited. You would have to check the compressor cover discharge for any engraving numbers to properly ID the turbo. Typically the turbo to intercooler hose covers up the area that gets the engraving. There are other ways to help ID this turbo, if you are willing to completely disassemble the turbo. We can tell you where to measure the wheels (both compressor and turbine wheel) to really help nail down what you really have.
HTH

Patrick

On the compressor outlet (where it connects to the IC), my PTE 6131 has the turbo size engraved on it. You have to remove the Turbo to IC hose to see it.