Turbo size question

bnice

I have a Garrett turbo on the car, it has some info on it.
A/R .60
M 10
What does this mean? How much power can I expect from this turbo? Is this considered a small turbo? If so what turbo do you guys recommend for a primarily street car with a little track time? I'd like to get in the mid tens as well. I keep running into this ZO6 and he keeps edging me on. I'd really had enough and what to teach him a lesson.

Thanks to all that reply in advance.

I would assume that is the stock turbo compressor housing with the factory markings. That housing can be made all the way up to a ta66 turbo... Do you have a picture of the compressor wheel?

That would be the only way we could decipher what turbo you have at this point, if it has a precision exhaust housing, remove the outlet hose on the compressor and look underneath with a mirror. There will be the model number scribed on the outlet of the compressor housing.
BW

Make sure your car is in good running order before race it. I think you would get served if you raced a ZO6, by the way what year is it? I would get a TE44 42.5 lb injectors, and alky. Dont bring a knife to a gun fight. Good luck.

Thanks Guys, I will take pictures today and try to post them so hopefuly you can answer this question.
Dailydrifter as for the year of the car, mine is an 87GN the ZO6 I keep running in to is eather an 06 or 07.
As for the don't bring a knife to a gun fight, your right and I'm not. I have been minding my own buissness with this guy for a long time. In the prossess saving my nickles and dimes so I can beef up my car and give him a good run.
Element of surprise!!!

Jump him off the line and Pray you hook up! Better have some drag radials on too! He will be coming hard on the top end so run for your life! They say they can trap like 120mph or so. I agree the 44, alky, chip, and injectors should keep you out front. Tuning will be the key!

Thanks Guys, I will take pictures today and try to post them so hopefuly you can answer this question.
Dailydrifter as for the year of the car, mine is an 87GN the ZO6 I keep running in to is eather an 06 or 07.
As for the don't bring a knife to a gun fight, your right and I'm not. I have been minding my own buissness with this guy for a long time. In the prossess saving my nickles and dimes so I can beef up my car and give him a good run.
Element of surprise!!!

A new ZO6, they got 505hp off the showroom floor:eek: Save your money and do some mods I would also add a converter, drag radials, maybe a stock location IC. Definatly wait to the right time to run this guy. ASSuming he can drive it (which he probably cant) I remember seeing one run an 11.7 I belive, with an awsome driver (flat shifting chirping 4th):eek: . Or race him now buy a bunch of parts later that night and race him for money in a week.

These are the numbers on a plate that is on the side of the turbo.

25526630 Garrett

466748-4 QH1549P

Those are the numbers and how they look on the plate.
I'll try to post pictures if needed.
Thanks.
As for that ZO6, DailyDrifter Maybe I'm being misunderstood. I am certainly not going to race him right now. I am very patiant. He has been bothering me for about a year now, trying to get me to bit especially when he is with his friends in his car. Well its time to turn the tables. I am going build up my GN like I always wanted. From New Engine,Tranny,Turbo,Suspention,etc. You get the picture. Like you said,(Don't show up to a gun fight with a knife)
And believe me I won't show up unprepared.
Thanks in advance for helping

The only way we could decipher what turbo you have at this point, if it has a precision exhaust housing, remove the outlet hose on the compressor and look underneath with a mirror. There will be the model number scribed on the outlet of the compressor housing.
BW

So... it appears you have a garrett turbo, what exhaust housing does it have precision or garrett? Got any pictures with the mass air hose off?

BW

The exhaust housing is a garrett. I will take pictures tomarrow and try to post them with the mass air hose off like you said.