Turbo Regal limited myths and facts.

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
I wasn't sure watch section to not this in so here we go.

I am curious to know, did all of the TR limiteds have column shift or did any of them come with a floor shifter?

Also, the blue badges that are by the quarter glass and blue hood ornaments, we're they only on the limiteds from factory or did buick also put these badges on T Types and turbo Ts?

Thanks in advance.
D

All limiteds had the column shift , there could be possibly have been an exception or 2 made for a special order from a ceo or some other special circumstance (never seen or heard of one though)but other then that unfortunately they all got the column shift. A major bummer because i love loaded out limiteds but hate column shifters with a passion.
I Like the idea of the Limited but think they dropped the ball by not offering the buckets/console option on what is suposed to be the Upscale model:confused:
The blue badge near the 1/4 windows are just part of the basic ornamentation on the Turbo-T and Limiteds ,(some call it the chrome package but there really is no such thing it's just the basic trim) once the black out package was ordered you didn't get those because they wouldn't fit in with the blackout theme, same with the square block with the blue on it around the trunk lock.

Last edited:
And the cool lighted pass side dash panel. All the turbo regals need that.
And why wasn't g80 included in the y56?
And what is with the powermaster? What was gm thinking?

Also the limited had thicker carpet, fancy "coffin" style door pulls on the limited door panels, and the above mentioned lighted pass side dash panel. The seats would have been the fancy "pillow" type similar to Cadillac. The velour is very couch like and the leather had a fancy center console. On a side note the leather was available in the '86 but according to the Kirban book is was installed in very few cars in 86(55 i believe is what Mr Kirban said).

Maroon limited velour, with the fancy door panels and pulls.

Same in Blue, also available in tan and grey

Grey Leather with the short console

Tan Leather

This is the base Regal bench interior. You can see the less sturdy pulls in the regular door panels. Though it does have the concert II speakers in the lower door

Also available with the base chrome is the cornering lamps on the front fender . Also available on the regular regals if the boxes on the order form were checked. Not available with the WO2 black out trim.

Also available was the opera lights on the sail panels behind the side windows.

The square "diver down" (behind the window)was on all regals with the base chrome and the Regal badge on the rear quarter would have a rectangle limited badge under the Regal on the rear quarter if it was a limited car.

This one has many of the things discussed above.

And I really dig black with chrome. Here you can see the diver down on the sail panel and the little limited on the rear quarter.

None are mine, i'm just a big dreamer and that pic collector the for sale ads say they don't want,

Another cool option is the two tone D84, available on any regal but especially rare on the Limited.

Very nice post. I'll be joining the exclusive Limited owners club very soon.

Supposedly 1035 units produced in '87.

So... Does that mean the Limiteds are the rarest of the "production line" Turbo Regals?

I would think that the GNX might not be considered a "production line" model, as the final build was completed by a contractor.

Supposedly 1035 units produced in '87.

So... Does that mean the Limiteds are the rarest of the "production line" Turbo Regals?

I would think that the GNX might not be considered a "production line" model, as the final build was completed by a contractor.
I was told this also. Great thread

Best of both worlds.

Attachments

• downloadfile-5.jpeg
    downloadfile-5.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 254
img_8828.jpg
img_9028(1).jpg
img_9028(1).jpg
img_9028(1).jpg
img_9028(1).jpg
img_8828.jpg
View attachment 288704 View attachment 288704
My D84 Rosewood and Burgundy Limited. 46,000 original miles, essentially purchased from the original owner. Stock as a rock, only thing I added ( because the original chip was still in the car) was a TT chip. Driving it from the Canadian border to AZ, with my Scanmaster hooked up, enjoyed a few 130mph blasts in NV. My 1st GN was a new one in '87, that was stolen in 2001. I'm that much older now, but I LOVE my Limited! Sorry about all the repeat pictures, cant figure out how to make them go away:confused:

Last edited:
My old Limited. Factory W02 car. Purchased as a basket case from Dennis Kirban. Was originally dark gray with leather. Changed to the factory silver and correct Limited cloth interior. Always wished I had bought a floor shift car and now I have one.

Attachments

• P1010329.JPG
    P1010329.JPG
    562 KB · Views: 221
I have owned this dark blue Limited since early 90's. Original paint, 70,000 kms or 42,000 miles. Early car Sept. 1986 built. Unique low option, somewhat of a lightweight, with grey leather, but without power locks, windows, seat, or antenae. Contacted GM Canada Historic services in 2002, and they confirmed mine is 1 of 80 1987 Turbo T Limiteds (LC2) sold new in Canada. As a side note, they also reported there were 83 ( Y56) T- Package Limiteds sold in Canada. As the T- Package was mandatory on a Turbo Limited, there would also be 3 non Turbo T- Package (Y56) equipped Limiteds sold in Canada .

Attachments

• P1000335.JPG
    P1000335.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 231
  • P1000346.JPG
    P1000346.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 204
  • P1000347.JPG
    P1000347.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I have owned this dark blue Limited since early 90's. Original paint, 70,000 kms or 42,000 miles. Early car Sept. 1986 built. Unique low option with grey leather, but no Power locks, windows, or antenae. Sent away to GM Canada Historic services years ago, and they claimed 1 of 80 Turbo Limiteds sold new in Canada. View attachment 290540 View attachment 290541
WOW!! BEAUTIFUL CAR!! Thanks for sharing!! If you ever want to sell ...... lol