turbo rebuild kit

which one did you order for you ta-49? i need to rebuild mine because oil is leaking into the down pipe. thanks

G pop is a good source but make sure you get the wheels balanced to keep it alive longer.

I just called & told 'em what I had; I think it was the T3-T4 series complete rebuild kit (its been a while ago) & I requested w/ *270 dynamic bearing seal. I think I had some bits left over but better safe than sorry
The rebuild was not that difficult, basic tools & very, VERY basic skills (right up my ally) You do need extra long snap ring pliers if I remember correctly...
The thought of tearing into the turbo is intimidating; & R&R can be a PITA; but the actual rebuild was pretty straightforward.
I even polished the cold side while it was apart, I bought an aluminum polishing kit at Harbor Freight & used a table top buffer/grinder... after sending the cover across the garage a few times :mad: I got the hang of it & learned how to buff-out contact dings in the process! :eek:

I'll probably use a Dremel or air tool next time & put the thing in a vise :cool:

Here's what I found on their site They have an exploded view diagram w/ parts listed they include in ea. kit I copied it for reference during the rebuild

Complete T3 Kit:

#1 Journal Bearings
#2 Retaining Rings for Journal Bearings
#3 Piston Ring for Turbine End
#4 Thrust Bearing
#5 Thrust Collar
#6 Seal, YOU SPECIFY TYPE (See Above)
#7 Seal Ring for Bearing Housing
#8 Thrust Spring for Backing Plate
#9 Thrust Spacer (only used in 4pc Carbon Seal Kit)
#10 Locknut for Shaft
#11 O-Ring/Gasket for Compressor Housing
#12 Bolts for Compressor End
#13 Clamps for Compressor End
#14 Bolts for Bearing Housing
#15 E-Clip for Swing valve
#16 Lock Plates for Turbine End
#17 Bolts for Turbine End
#18 Clamps for Turbine End

Complete T3 Rebuild Kit
Price: $96.00

HTH!
D

G pop has three kits. One is the one piece carbon seal like mine uses, one is the three piece like the HA cars use, and one is a dynamic seal like the IC cars use. You just have to tell them what you have and they'll send you what you need.

what you need to pay attention to is the size of the shaft and the bearing bores.

as they might be oversize or undersize depending on if it has been rebuilt in the past.

A.j.