turbo question??

83TurboGuy

Whynd it up
How do u build up pounds on the turbo when u hold the break and gas nothing really happens when i do it wheels just start spinning ??? What the right way of doing it

If you're trying to do it on 22's then the tires will do nothing but spin. They don't work the right way for performance. Get some 15's to 17's and you might get some traction out of the car. By putting very over sized tires on it you've changed the position of the instant center and the axle is out of alignment with the rest of the running gear so it just spins the tires.

If you're trying to do it on 22's then the tires will do nothing but spin. They don't work the right way for performance. Get some 15's to 17's and you might get some traction out of the car. By putting very over sized tires on it you've changed the position of the instant center and the axle is out of alignment with the rest of the running gear so it just spins the tires.

i got 15 inch rims for now but i hold both for a bit then let go of the break and its just like starting from a dead stop and when i give it to much gas the tires start spining ??

Sounds like it's working to me. What else would you want it to do? It's not going to launch off the e brake.

Sounds like it's working to me. What else would you want it to do? It's not going to launch off the e brake.

i never put it on the e break ??

but i just thought the whole point of holding the break and gas was to build boost so u can some what lunch ??

The reason the tires are spinning is because everything is doing the right thing. The engine is making enough torque to spin the tires and the tires don't have enough traction to hold the surface of the pavement. You need some sticky tires and a few mods to allow the car to accellerate instead of spin.

Also make sure your rear brakes are in good condition and the self adjusters are working properly. You may want to take the drums off and make sure they're adjusted real good. You should be able to turn the drum with just a hair of resistance from the brakes. Also scuff the inside surface of the drums with some 60-80 grit sandpaper and remove the shiny surface so the shoes can really grab hold.

Also make sure your rear brakes are in good condition and the self adjusters are working properly. You may want to take the drums off and make sure they're adjusted real good. You should be able to turn the drum with just a hair of resistance from the brakes. Also scuff the inside surface of the drums with some 60-80 grit sandpaper and remove the shiny surface so the shoes can really grab hold.

wow I should do that!!! thanks.

How do u build up pounds on the turbo when u hold the break and gas nothing really happens when i do it wheels just start spinning ??? What the right way of doing it

Ive got an 83. They typically dont burn out too well unless its wet or if you have large rims on it. Ive got 17s on my car are the car hooks rather well. I was thinking of going with some 20's, but instead im gonna do 19s in the front, and 20s in the rear. But yea, hold the break and gas it till the yellow light starts to flash on your boost guage (mine does that) and let it rip, and you will get a decent launch out of your car. Also try going Posi. Thats what I plan to do sometime soon.

The reason the tires are spinning is because everything is doing the right thing. The engine is making enough torque to spin the tires and the tires don't have enough traction to hold the surface of the pavement. You need some sticky tires and a few mods to allow the car to accellerate instead of spin.

u know what yea my back tires are n bad condition almost bold so that makes alot of sence thanks and my boost gage doesent turn on enyone have eny ideas ??

If you're refering to the guage in the dash don't rely on it, get a manual guage so you can see how much pressure you really are running. Here's a site you need to go to and start reading.

BEFORE BLACK Website

If you're refering to the guage in the dash don't rely on it, get a manual guage so you can see how much pressure you really are running. Here's a site you need to go to and start reading.

BEFORE BLACK Website

The fact that you're blowing the hides off the tires is proof that you're building boost, unless you've got a really strong engine.

The fact that you're blowing the hides off the tires is proof that you're building boost, unless you've got a really strong engine.

i got another problem i got low oil pressure i have a high flow oil pump u think that might effect it ??

o i c so the car can build up boost and lanch right ? couse that other guy said it doesent....

Umm Yeah I'd call it a little spirited short lived acceleration. These drawthru engines don't launch like the '84-7 cars will off the foot or e brake.