Turbo Pre Luber?

Little6pack

I was reading the April 87 Hot rod & saw a full page ad about a turbo Pre luber.. Does anyone still use these?

I've been using one for about 5 years. It makes oil changes nice, no knocking rods on startup. I also use it to really pump all of the old oil out of the motor, cooler, and lines during a change. I have a good oil cooler and I've heard you don't have to worry much about running the car hard and shutting it off with the preluber+ cooler. It's adjustable how long it runs after the motor is shut off, mine runs for about 2 minutes. I get about 50psi cold before the motor is ever turned over.

I played around a lot when I first got it. It was neat to wiggle the turbo shaft with no oil pressure and hit the preluber and all the clearance would be taken up by oil, no play. I also realized viscosity might affect spoolup because once there was pressure on the turbo it didn't spin freely anymore. Sorry for going off topic.

Pre luber is a pretty expensive item and probably overkill. You might think about a PTE turbo saver. Filtered oil to the turbo at all times. Contaminated oil will eventually take out your turbo. Also no rod bearing noise on startup. ;)

ive wanted to try one of those Pre Lubers before but cant justify the cost at this time. i just crank the car over with the ECM unplugged till the gauge shows oil pressure ater changing oil then i plug in the ECM, start it up and have oil pressure. luber is nice cause i cant be doing that every time i start it.