Turbo Hayabusa goes 220mph and GSX-R 600 Turbo bike.... ***VIDEO***

Originally posted by Pat Adkins
check out speedo!!not m.p.h. that's a bike that reads k.p.h. He's actually only going about 130

Pat, the place where I got the video from says that he is going 220mph and I doubt they are wrong cause that is a Turbo Hayabusa which can easily go well over 150mph in a standing 1/4 mile.... Also, if you look at the speedo closely you will see that it has kph in the center and the outside is mph and when he is doing 220mph the center speedo (kph) reads about 350kph!!!:cool:

BTW, I like the second vid better anyhow cause he had some serious problems keeping that bike on the ground;)

Like I said that bike isn't going 220.I've been 185 and I know how fast everything goes by at those speeds.Lok at the cars going by the other way. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it I just don't believe it

All I know is it looks pretty darn fast, but the fastest I've been is 160mph with a car and that was enough on a public road for me.... I'm not much for the top end type stuff cause it's just too dangerous IMO!

When a friend had a FZR1000, it would do 70 mph in first and in that first vid he shifts around 75 nearing the red and its a top gear pull so it may not be 220 but its got to be in the neighborhood :eek:

a while back someone posted a bid of a turbobusa flying around at around 220 or so, and it sure was about that fast, but whatever, both vids are crazy, the bikes are just off the ground the whole time. i shat my pants just watching. still doesn't beat the vid with the guy sliding on his feet behind the TA.

Check out his speedo when he is next to the other cars. It says about 100 when he is just cruising next to the other cars. That would be 60 MPH if he was reading 100KPH. Or the other explaination is that he changed the gears which I think will change the speedos reading. Not too sure about that one though. I have looked at the video hundreds of times.
I am sure a Turbo Hyabusa can go 220 MPH, I just do not think he is going that fast. ERIC.

all they have to do is gear the teeth down in the front and up in the back you can pretty much make the speedo read what u want. doesnt look to me like 220+ but i never been that fast so i cant really say

Look at the end of the video when he is doing like 110 the white lines barely move past and skid mark is slow passing too.. if that was really over 110 right there the lines would be moving faster... Looks like 155-165 at the top end max to me... but who knows

Sully

If you have a foreign speedo and you put an american aftermarket speedo face plate you would get the exact results.

On a bike board these videos have been discussed. The first two videos, while they are both really cool, they are both bikes with lower gear ratios. That explains why the front end keeps going straight up to the sky and the speedometer goes up so quickly. While they are both fast bikes, they are both geared lower. I will have to strap a video camera to my TL1000R and show you what 170mph really looks like.

lol that guy couldn't even keep that bike on the ground every time he squeezed the accelator it flew in the air...

This bike has a 13k tach and 220 speedo. The angle of the camera may actually be doing the bike injustice to its relative speed. He shifts to 6th gear @210 and the needle pegs at 10k. He puts another 1k rpm on it before he lets off at 11K. If we knew his gear ratios it would help. He could have changed out the speedometer and tach from the stock units and didn't change the speedometer cable gear drive or had it reworked to reflect an accurate speed. The Turbo Hybusa hits about 180-190 in another
video at 8K.
So there could be something fishy with the 220 speed video. Just my thoughts.;)

Drew

bs

look at when he is just getting straightened out from a dead stop. His speedometer says 30. Something stinks here...I think it's the vid!