1987 Turbo T WE4 black with W02 blackout and factory astro roof

Paul Grasso

1987 Turbo T WE4 Black with W02 blackout package and CF5 Silver Astro roof power sunroof. 1 of 1547 factory lightweight cars with original aluminum wheels and aluminum brake drums included in the trunk. I am the 3rd owner. Full power equipment, cold ac, original radio working with power antenna, digital dash with the chip so it reads above 85 mph. Odometer reads $31k but I have no proof it hasn't rolled over. There are 2 full binders included with every piece of paperwork since the car was sold new including original invoice, warranty book, delco radio manual, Astro roof instructions, etc. Rust-free original body very straight with one repaint. basecoat / clearcoat looks amazing. All new door weatherstrips and sunroof rubber. Doors shut super solid and sunroof is quiet and does not leak. Car has Grand National rear deck spoiler added from dealer when new. Interior has been changed from original gray seat covers and carpet to new Grand National seat covers and black carpet. The original seat covers and carpet are included. Original engine with a host of upgrades all documented including receipts. Front brakes have been upgraded to Wilwood discs. Car runs and drives extremely well.

This is from Hemming Motor News 12/06:
"A grand total of 1,547 WE4 Turbo-T units left the assembly line, meaning that aside from the GNX, the Turbo-T is one of the rarest turbo Regals to leave the line. The announcement of the model came compliments of a Buick Product bulletin dated November 11, 1986; already well into the model-year production, with a production start date of December 8. Interestingly, just two days prior, a bulletin had been released stating that the WE4 would no longer be available with the WO2 black-out kit trim package.

According to Dennis Kirban's book, Kirban's Guide to 1986 & 1987 Buick Turbo Regals, "They (Buick) did this so it would not be confusing having two Turbo Regals available at the same time in black." He goes on to explain, "The only difference between the new WE4 version and the black one with the WO2 exterior sport package would be the old WE4 version would have matching black bumpers. The new one would have chrome bumpers." Just how many truly black WE4s Buick made before the change is not known, but it's a good bet that not too many of these were built. "

This is a very rare and fast car that can drive anywhere or run at the track safely. I bought it locally and have had it about 3 years and can't keep it anymore. Its on eBay now with a buy it now at $22k.and a ton of photos here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Buick-...ash=item2124c95797:g:Eo4AAOSwUKxYfnqR&vxp=mtr

I can be reached at 772-341-5396 or paul@grassosgaragellc.com for questions

Thanks for the Ad!
Paul

What mods does the car have? I see Alky, etc but no mention of what has actually been done to it in the ad.

The 1547 is the total number of WE4's. Once the run ended of all black T's so did the option code WE4. Do you have the front air dams?

Ebay says this car has sold. Lucky for everyone, i'll have mine up same exact car, only 89k miles on it and brand new motor and tranny.

I had one too. Everyone thought it was a GN when I had the lace wheels on it.
KID

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 95
Here's a picture before cleanup and painted wheel well trim. Weld wheels. Have the stock set as well. And original block.

Attachments

• IMG_5797.JPG
    IMG_5797.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 109
Here's a picture before cleanup and painted wheel well trim. Weld wheels. Have the stock set as well. And original block.
What are all the details on it? Any rust, or mechanical problems,etc. Specs? Price?
I'm actually going to look at an 87 turbo t this weekend, and if that doesn't fall through I'll still be looking.

What are all the details on it? Any rust, or mechanical problems,etc. Specs? Price?
I'm actually going to look at an 87 turbo t this weekend, and if that doesn't fall through I'll still be looking.

Its a brand new motor, brand new transmission, new alternator, battery, water pump etc. Everything is new. New FP and Sending unit. It used to be a 10 second car so it has oil pressure, H2O temp gauge, RPS, boost, all autometer, FP on the hood. Still has line lock, and the back half of the car is 9 sec ready. Auburn posi unit, 31 spline moser axels, c clip eliminators, aluminum drums, 3" chromoly drive shaft with 1350 joints and yolk. Interior is mint. Comes with a brand new carpet for it since its not perfect. I still have the stock #'s matching block that goes with it. Areas have been touched up with paint work over the years but there is 0 rust on the car. Never been driven in the rain or snow. GIve me a call or text any time. Car should be picture and ebay worthy within the next week. I will be asking $23,000. 89K original miles. 516-356-6238 Tyler