turbo for new combo

Two T's

Long Time member
Finally getting around to getting my 86 t back on road plan long block from webber roller cam unsure on grind yet. Champ. ported irons street strip looking for mid to high 10 sec without pushing to edge dual razor,
and stage 2 trans from extreme . Which turbo do you guys recomend any help app. was thinking billet or bb.

Any old small compressor p trim turbo or a 6262. You don't need dual alky for that combo.

thanks for input will it pull like my te-45a been out of it a while working alot trying to get back on board when got some time. just want to do it right and have it tuned by one of our venders so it stays togather. Thier experience is worth every penny also any recomendations on anybody close to wisconsin.

thanks for input will it pull like my te-45a been out of it a while working alot trying to get back on board when got some time. just want to do it right and have it tuned by one of our venders so it stays togather. Thier experience is worth every penny also any recomendations on anybody close to wisconsin.
If you already have the 45a, I would not change a thing. I would spend the money on a PTC 9.5 converter. The Weber motor strapped with the 45a and a good converter will take you DEEP in the 10's. If they build it with the stroker kit, they'll use the 281/212, and if they're building it with the stock stroke, they will use the 212/212. You'll be very have with quality and the performance of the build. ;) I'm very pleased!! :D I have a few more items to address and when the weather permits, I'll be heading to the track to looking for my 10 sec timeslip.:eek: GL!

ya stroked is what i was planing sold the 45a a while ago to help fund build was wondering what else might i use, all these new turbos people are talking about mabey i should just pick up another TE-45a. thanks for input it is appreciated.

ya stroked is what i was planing sold the 45a a while ago to help fund build was wondering what else might i use, all these new turbos people are talking about mabey i should just pick up another TE-45a. thanks for input it is appreciated.
A 6265 would work really well here up to 750hp

bison thanks for your input also what converter should i go with i now have a pats 9.5 with 3400 stall is this to loose and should i go jernal or ballbearing which will hold up better would like to cut cost if i can but would rather do once not twice.
thanks again for input
tom

IMO if you go with the new turbo with a billet wheel ball bearing is a waste of $. Are you planning on running street and strip? If yes, I'd tighten the convertor up just a bit, should help
You with your 60 as well.

bison thanks for your input also what converter should i go with i now have a pats 9.5 with 3400 stall is this to loose and should i go jernal or ballbearing which will hold up better would like to cut cost if i can but would rather do once not twice.
thanks again for input
tom
Im not familiar with pats 9.5". 3000 stall at zero boost/vacuum, flashing to 5100, and coupling to within 7% by 135mph would suit it well.

So mabey order a converter from ptc 9.5 w/3000 stall,and what do you think a 6265 billet with jurnal bearing. Yes this is a street/strip car but got some mustang guys that i would like to settle things once and for all. just looking to put a strong combo togather that will last. That is why when pot togather I want to take it to one of our vendors to have it tuned and done right from the start. any body know of anybody somewhat close to wisconsin.
thanks again guys
tom

Order the 6265 if you are looking for 700hp or more. If not id order something else.

Order the 6265 if you are looking for 700hp or more. If not id order something else.
X2! The 6265 matched up to the PTC 9.5 17 blade, is the TRUTH. Just got my car back on the road after a year of being lazy, made a few test runs last night and boy oh boy! :eek: On the street tune (16PSI), the car is INSANE on the streets. I'm getting ready to start throwing boost at it now cause the motor wants it!:cool:

X2! The 6265 matched up to the PTC 9.5 17 blade, is the TRUTH. Just got my car back on the road after a year of being lazy, made a few test runs last night and boy oh boy! :eek: On the street tune (16PSI), the car is INSANE on the streets. I'm getting ready to start throwing boost at it now cause the motor wants it!:cool:
There was no gain on my engine till I was up around 580whp. Not getting anywhere near that on 16psi on a hyd cammed v6. It will really crank between 5300 and 5800 and 23 and 27psi @65-75lbs/min. A 17 blade won't allow the engine to be where it wants @16psi either. With the 17 blade I was seeing 5400@26psi. I never paid attention to low boost since I was looking for 700+hp.

There was no gain on my engine till I was up around 580whp. Not getting anywhere near that on 16psi on a hyd cammed v6. It will really crank between 5300 and 5800 and 23 and 27psi @65-75lbs/min. A 17 blade won't allow the engine to be where it wants @16psi either. With the 17 blade I was seeing 5400@26psi. I never paid attention to low boost since I was looking for 700+hp.

I would have to agree that I'm not geting "what it's worth" on 16psi. I'm just trying to get a handle on this TUNING thing before I let the boost needle sweep over to 25~26psi. After doing a little more tuning and data logging tonight, I feel more comfortable about running 19~20 psi, spraying alky on this street chip. I'll be making the wastegate spring swap in the morning, hopefuly getting to the track this weekend. I should get booted with this next tune.:D When I get the saftey equipment installed I'm going to let it LIVE, SAFELY!

My Buick guy is in southwest WI. He's been through all the mechanicals on these cars and been at it since the early 90's. He doesn't tune much, but he can figure them out when there is something wrong. Let me know if you need his info.

Thanks guys for the help n this want to get it back on road and done right and i would like to be up near the mark that bison stated this would fit my wants and needs.
thanks again
tom

6262 is a real nice street/strip turbo and capable of big numbers. With a stroker motor I'd definatlly look into the bigger ex wheel like the 6266 jb. You wont be disapointed.