turbo choice.

koch186

I have a ta 49 turbo now. Im looking to get a bigger turbo. I have a good list of mods. I went with a 218/218 comp roller cam. I'm just wondering what is a good turbo for the money.

You need to supply a little more info on your combo. The cam is good size. Are the heads p/p? Do you have at least the 2 center mains w/steal caps? The size of the injectors. Static compression ratio. You don't want to miss-match parts.

Heads are not pop yet pulling the motor again this winter. 42lb injectors. I didn't do anything with the crank except cut it 20 . Regret not buying a new one compression is at 8.6 :1 I have a 49 now at 18lbs. Just seeing what worked for other guys. I haven't read a lot on turbos yet I'm still learning about the basics of the Gn

car will need more boost to go faster,the combo is off already.cam is too big for a 49 and stock heads(9 sec cam with and 11 sec turbo),heads need to be done to compliment the rest of the build and a larger turbo.converter flash stall must compliment the powerband and the injectors will need to be upgraded for whichever larger turbo you choose.thats just to name a few.need to have a goal in mind to properly match parts.either way 18 psi isn't a lot of boost.without a power/et goal picking turbo converter injectors can leave you without a good working combo.

I understand the cam is big for my turbo. I rebuilt the engine knowing I was getting a different turbo. I ran out of money for a turbo. The car is a dog down low right now. Lol I have a 3300 stahll sitting in my garage waiting to rebuild tranny also this winter. What's a good injector turbo chip combo

after porting the heads,any 60 series comp wheel up to a ptrim/65 turbine with 60 lb injectors and a tt/chip will make a good responsive street combo with 10 sec capability at the track.

Welcome, Koch186. Listen SHADOWll and Mr. Spool. Pick a goal so you can get the combination right. Very important! Do some reading and then read some more. Ask questions here on the board. Then do some research. Talk to some of the vendors, they'll be able to help you too. Find a shop that knows GN's. Not just any performance shop, but a shop that knows GN's! Hence the initials GN! There's a lot of smart people on this board that can answer any question you have about GN's. Can't just throw parts on it and expect it to perform to it's fullest potential. Will never perform right. So now that the bottom end is done, you have to do the top end. Heads, intake, throttle body, headers, down pipe, injectors, turbo, wastegate, intercooler, engine management system, fuel system, ignition.... There are many turbo's you can use with that cam size. Anything from a 62mm to a 70mm turbo. Something like a 6466 or a 6768 with a good convertor would roast the tires. But remember, combination is important! Also, don't forget about and keep in mind the suspension. Without upgrading the suspension the car will not hook up very well. Good luck.

Bison was running a special on the 62/65 design that he ran low 10s with. It was less than $800. While your at it I would ditch the cam and have him spec out a smaller one that will have more low end. Think Kidglock has a 206 Bison cam that he's run low 10s with. 60lb injectors/TT chip and Powerlogger. And minimum a stretch slic. Then you'll find how many other parts need upgrading.

We understand the necessity of money for upgrades. Don't forget to check in the "for sale" section for some good deals. I found an upgrade combo for my 86 very reasonable, then mod'd it to suit my needs. You can use the small combo changes for "stepping stones and learning curves".