Turbo Charge your blower motor!

I did this mod last night and it made a big difference. It's not often you find a cheap and easy mod for these cars. I used the 12.99$ special from Auto Zone, BTW.

Thanks for the heads up, Rick!

I just installed the aluminum blower motor wheel from auto zone $12.99 plus tax part number 35601. much better air flow due to the angle and shape of the blades. Mine made contact at the top of the housing so I just lowered the cage a little on the motor shaft.

Pics of both, very different blade size and angles...
Just completed mine, moves air more like a "newer" car now, save your $$ and get the $12 alum wheel.
2013-06-10_19-10-21_447.jpg
2013-06-10_19-10-30_912.jpg

I,ve been wondering about this for many years.This heat in the Memphis area just plain SUCKS and a black car sure doesn't help.I am going to do this on both of mine.Thanks for the Great info!!!!

Ok guys finally had time to screw with this more and finally got it working! Great mod!

I purchased both blower fans (AZ & O'reily's) to compare. I forgot to take pics, but there was no difference so save your money and go with the cheaper of the two.

Works great! Thanks for the tip!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just tried it an hour ago. My stocker blew just as well if not better than the AZ one. I felt no difference. AZ was nice enough to take it back but I only used it for 3 minutes maybe.

However it is a very easy swap.

Hey John- you actually swapped the metal cage for the plastic one, right? Just want to make sure you didn't swap a new motor for the old motor.

Yes, that's correct. I just sat back and felt the air on my face with the stocker, then with the metal cage installed. Felt the same or maybe a little less force.

I also just installed the 35601 with no improved results. On top of that, it rubbed the first time I installed it and built up heat burning up my ac blower control module (climate control). Anyone have any of these laying around?

Funny you said that about burning up the module. Mine got pretty hot and was smoking pretty good which I shut it down immediately. None of the components on the board were damaged so I cleaned it off and tried it again. I got lucky as mine still work as best as I can tell.

Well I'm screwed as the part 25500218 has long since been discontinued. I had a spare and it was bad also. I wonder if anyone can refurbish these things?

Caspers offers an updated design, but get ready to pay some $$$. That is what I was looking at after I thought I smoked mine.

Cool thanks. This is going to be an expensive mistake. I'm just thankful we have vendors that offer the oddball stuff.