Turbo Charge your blower motor!

I'm guessing the metal one is shaped differently. The material really doesn't have much to do with airflow at the speeds we spin them.

I wonder if this aluminum would work just as well or if the weight of the metal one is what's causing the extra air flow?? Was your plastic one damaged???
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa..._/N-iidqmZ91si3?itemIdentifier=93583_0_0_5281

The screw stripped out of my plastic one. That one at AZ is only $13 compared to the one at Oreilly for $26. If the AZ one doesn't make a big improvement you could always return it and get the one from Oreilly's. I matched them up (plastic vs. metal) and couldn't see any difference in the fan blades. Not sure if the metal one was much heavier than the plastic one. But it sure made a difference in performance.

AZ has a metal one for about $26 as well. Might try them both and find out.

The blades looked the same to me. That $13 one looked metal in the pic. If it's plastic I wouldn't get it. Splurge on the $26 one.

what's the application?
i've always heard that the fans for a decked out Cadillac will move more air, but i've never felt the urge to test that theory out..

Is the blade pitch any different? Cant think of a reason why it would make a difference. That is cool you found that!
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So I went and purchased the $12.99 blower fan from Autozone and did not have much luck installing on my car today. It was rubbing and would not allow it to turn in the heater box. I will play with it some more before returning it to Autozone. My local Oreilly's did not have the other fan available anywhere in this area. If anyone has any luck with the same fan I tried, please let me know. Maybe it is something specific to my car??

My metal fan took some adjusting with the mounting screws that hold the motor in.

Hmm, I kept trying that but it seemed as if it would rub on the top of the housing...... I would adjust and then the bottom. Maybe I will play with it some more tomorrow. Do you have any type of gasket between the motor plate and the housing?

I don't think mine had a gasket. I think it might have had some type of silicone sealant. Did you get the metal one?

The screw stripped out of my plastic one. That one at AZ is only $13 compared to the one at Oreilly for $26. If the AZ one doesn't make a big improvement you could always return it and get the one from Oreilly's. I matched them up (plastic vs. metal) and couldn't see any difference in the fan blades. Not sure if the metal one was much heavier than the plastic one. But it sure made a difference in performance.

If the screw was stripped out on the plastic one, maybe the shaft was actually slipping on the fan. Maybe it wasn't turning at the RPM it should have been.

I have two other GN's and none of them work as well as this one. The fan could have been going down hill but the metal cage is a huge improvement.

I just installed the aluminum blower motor wheel from autozone $12.99 plus tax part number 35601. It made a big difference in the amount of air flow from the vents. If you want more air flow from the vents from your A/C and heater you need to do this upgrade.

hello people; I believe I'm going to give this wheel a spin. It does sound good. I like to keep the fan at lower speeds so more air with lower RPM sounds good.
IBBY