Turbo Buick into a 71 Trans Am

71 Trans Am

Still under construction is my 71 Trans Am, using 87 Turbo Buick Power. I'll be posting pictures soon.

Attachments

• P1050633.jpg
    P1050633.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,468
  • P1050820.jpg
    P1050820.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,472
Wow that's a beauty. Is it a real Trans Am? The purists would cry... but that's their problem.

One thing for sure it'll run a lot faster with the turbo Buick than it ever would with a comparably streetable Pontiac motor.

Beautiful car! Looks great. Lots of room in front, could almost fit two. Must be nice to be able to stand in front of the motor if you have to work on it. ;)

Here's the deal, not a real T/A just make a base Firebired to look the part, I figure no harm done, you're right about it being faster...and lighter too...!! Thanks for the compliment..
Ron

Love this hybrid! I almost bought a rare '72 in Lucerne Blue with white stripes many years ago. My sisters and I owned several TAs over the years. Still very fond of the GM F bodies.

Question- how does the shaker scoop mount on the LC2 at top of plenum? I remember the originals having that circular ring clip that snugged up on the breather circle OD.

The Pontiac purists might get alittle un-nerved about your hybrid but know you are welcome here my friend! :cool::)

cool. i was putting it into a 1970. i replyd to your first post with a couple of links to Mark's page but i think you have it figured out. looks good.

KILLER! Your doing what I've always wished I could do. The perfect car and color.